Introduction

kathymc
kathymc Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi my name is Kathy. Thank You  for accepting me on here. I recently came to live in the  UK.

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,443 Championing
    Welcome to the community @kathymc :) It's great to have you with us!

It must be a big change moving to the UK. Did the move go smoothly?

You're more than welcome to have a look around the community, and get stuck in whenever you feel ready. You've taken a great first step by posting in our start here and say hello category. Two other good places to visit are the categories page, and our list of the most recent discussions on the community.

Would you like to start off by telling us a little about yourself, or why you've joined the community?
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,538 Championing
    Hello @kathymc and welcome to the Scope community, what prompted you to join? I hope your move to the UK went well, and that you're managing to settle in nicely!

If you have any questions do let us know, and in the meantime feel free to explore our categories or discussions as Tori said :)
  • kathymc
    Hello everyone     
    Thank you for welcoming me to the community. 
    I'm happy being in the UK and want to get to meet new friends and join in events.
    I also wait to volunteer and help where I can. 
    be happy and stay safe  
  • Alex_Alumni
    That's good, what sort of volunteering are you looking to do @kathymc?
  • kathymc
    Hello Alex 
    Hope you are well and happy. 
    i would like to help children with  disabilities.  
    Ruining,playing some games and generally help volunteer were i am able to help.

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,611 Championing
    kathymc said:
    Hello Alex 
    Hope you are well and happy. 
    i would like to help children with  disabilities.  
    Ruining,playing some games and generally help volunteer were i am able to help.

Welcome to the community from me too, and thanks for getting back to us. It's great to hear that you are interested in volunteering, do you have any idea about which organisation you would like to volunteer with? Have you looked into it?
  • kathymc
    Hello Ross 
    Thankyou, yes I am well. 
    Are you keeping warm? 
    I would like to assist in helping with young children with disabilities.  that's what I like to do.  
    This is my passion. 

• kathymc
    Hello Friend's 
    Hope you all had a nice week.
    Enjoy your weekend. and be happy. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Hi @kathymc you have a lovely weekend too, and thanks for your good wishes :)
  • kathymc
    Hi everyone 
    hope you all have a nice day.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,247 Empowering
    Hey @kathymc :)

Thank you for your well wishes - how are you today? I hope you've had a good day so far.

I was just wondering if you had looked into volunteer opportunities anymore? :)
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,388 Championing
    Hi @kathymc welcome to the group - hope you have not come from a nice hot Country - our weather could be a shook for you ha ha