Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hose pipe ban

Options
2»

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,796 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Cartini said:
    woodbine said:
    I think they should impose a nationwide hosepipe ban ASAP
    Why nationwide?  The South West isn`t suffering (at the moment), so why implement a hosepipe ban here when it`s been implemented in the South East?
    Either way, it wouldn`t make any difference to me because I don`t water my lawns; I`m not fussed if they are green or parched.

Quite simple if you think about it, overall the country is short of water so a hosepipe ban nationwide will make sense.
    I remember the long hot dry summer of '76 with standpipes in the streets, they appointed a minister for drought (Dennis Howell) the day after he took up the job its started raining.
    So even on that basis alone a hosepipe ban makes sense.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    woodbine said:
    Cartini said:
    woodbine said:
    I think they should impose a nationwide hosepipe ban ASAP
    Why nationwide?  The South West isn`t suffering (at the moment), so why implement a hosepipe ban here when it`s been implemented in the South East?
    Either way, it wouldn`t make any difference to me because I don`t water my lawns; I`m not fussed if they are green or parched.

Quite simple if you think about it, overall the country is short of water so a hosepipe ban nationwide will make sense.
    I remember the long hot dry summer of '76 with standpipes in the streets, they appointed a minister for drought (Dennis Howell) the day after he took up the job its started raining.
    So even on that basis alone a hosepipe ban makes sense.
    I hear you woodbine, but some areas have their own water supplies.
    I`ve lived in Plymouth since 78 when I joined the Navy; over those years we`ve been excempt hose bans while the rest of the country has had bans; but I think that might be changing soon.

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,417 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've checked my local area and no bans in force yet. Which I'm siprised about. No rain forcast all week or weekend
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    Sandy_123 said:
    I've checked my local area and no bans in force yet. Which I'm siprised about. No rain forcast all week or weekend

If you are after rain, wait until I get my BBQ out on Saturday - it never fails to wake the rain gods up ;)
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,417 Disability Gamechanger
    Options