Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

please help

leonpigoleonpigo Member Posts: 1
Hello .i just want to know as i am hearing impaired person .can i apply for house ou and the council help me paye for me as ?

Do i have the right to have my own place then apply for other benefit ?is yes where to go or to start please help.
Thank you 


  • DittoDitto Member Posts: 4
    I'm not sure you will be considered for a flat, house etc because you are hearing impaired. But you can start doing research on what your local council offers, click on the below link to see which local authority you come under

  • Debbie_ScopeDebbie_Scope Member Posts: 947 Pioneering
    Hi leonpigo,

    Thanks for posting your question.

    You would need to check with your local authority about their housing allocations policy and you can do that using the local council finder that Ditto kindly posted above.

    Or if you could tell me which local authority you live in I can look up their policy for you and post it here.

    Shelter has some very good information about applying for social housing on their website and you can find this information in the following link. It explains eligibility and priority need which are important factors. Much will also depend on your current housing status too. http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/social_housing

    If I can be of further help please let me know.

    Best wishes

    Debbie :)
Sign in or join us to comment.