Hi, my name is Lynne53! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Lynne53!

Options
Lynne53
Lynne53 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
edited October 2016 in Start here and say hello!
I won't give you a list of my medical problems but I will just introduce myself.  I am 63 years old and found myself in the position of being "not fit for purpose" at work around 8 years ago.  That meant that I had to look at benefits, a new experience for me and I was given the full PIP award for Living and Mobility last year.  My husband was badly injured some years ago to the extent that he was given DLA with mobility for life.  However, although his conditions are degenerative and he has less and less mobility a young girl came to see him a few weeks ago and decided that some of what he had said could not be true and he has now lost his DLA, this was his first PIP assessment.  Life is odd, I am in a position to apply for a motability car, but I have severe sleep disorders and we lived in a one bed council bungalow.  When I was awarded PIP we applied for a 2 bedroom bungalow as the extra money would pay the bedroom tax.  We have only been in the bungalow six weeks and I now need to use that money on a car.  Life is odd and seems more complicated the older I get.  Thank you for allowing me into your community.

Comments

Brightness