Hey! Just introducing myself... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hey! Just introducing myself...

AmyLWilson
AmyLWilson Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hey, my name is Amy i'm 25 almost 26. I'm from Manchester, UK and I have Cerebral Palsy in which I got diagnosed with at the age of 2, I also have Epilepsy and a Mental Health illness. I'd love to get to know people on here that understand me and go through similar things as I feel although I have a supportive family they can't fully understand living with having disabilities.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AmyLWilson welcome to the community, there are so many lovely people here and Im sure you'll find others here who understand where you are coming from.

Take a look throught the recent discussions where you will find all the latest posts or search by category of what you are interested in.  Jump in and get involved in the conversations!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Hi there! 
    I don't have the same body stuff going on but I know what you mean about having a loving supportive family.... Who can never truly understand.  

I do have some mental health problems too and have always found forums helpful.  Sometimes to share problems and sometimes to share great stuff! 

I'm having a high pain,  low energy week... BUT!  I got my power chair just before Xmas and today I am well enough to go speeding off into town.  I am going to open my daughter a bank account and take my bus pass form from the doctors to our town hall all by nyself and it feels amazing.  

Now....  I just need to get up,  get breakfast,  get clean,  get dressed,  get warm things,  get bank forms out.....  Argh!  Feels like so much!  But it will be worth it. 

Anyway... 
     Hope you're having a good (or at least a better) day.  Nice to meet you

• bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    Hello@AmyLWilson how are you? Welcome to the community my name is Bam. I don't have CP. I have MS but LOL we can still be friends

Brightness