Hi, my name is Janemc! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Janemc!

Janemc
Janemc Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I'm a 40 something lady with a lovely family. Diagnosed with Clinical Depression when I was 19, I think, which was then further diagnosed as Bipolar Affective Disorder in February 2015. I was also diagnosed with Endometriosis in 2000 and have had many treatments etc for this incurable illness since then. 
I have been fighting misconceptions and misunderstanding of my illnesses for years. 

Comments

• GeoffBosworth195661
    GeoffBosworth195661 Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    Welcome @Janemc Tall order to explain all in one go condense the important bits in two parts for you. First B.A.D living with this there are two with mood swings high  (maniac) to extreme lows (depression) of which you are on low what you say. Some have this more severe and may believe other people are being negative or unhelpful this is a part of the condition. Now Endometrioses it is not known exactly what causes the condition unfortunately. The experiences of symptoms some may not experience any symptoms.  where others have cramping in lower part of abdomen during and between periods. Drs usually begins with collecting medical history and perform physical examination and conducting some diagnostic tests to rule out any other conditions. You may be treated with medication and hormone therapies to help relieve some of the symptoms. There are cases symptoms may need surgery to remove part of the reproductive system. Janemc the two conditions are just examples of what you have put as the two do go in other areas. Hope this as helped and if you are not clear with the doctor please tell them explain until it is clear that you understand clearly you have that right. If you are not satisfied ask for a second opinion as this is a maze of a question but hope this as helped you.

• Janemc
    Janemc Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Geoff, thank you for your message. I'm in the process of trying to write a post explaining what my current problem with DWP is and what assistance I need. This is a long posted and very hard to write request for advice and assistance. 
    Please bear with me and I'll get it posted sometime today. I'm really in a mess so will need help. 
    Thank you 
  • Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    Hi @janemc, I've sent you an email with a copy of your draft post in it.

Brightness