PIP INJUSTICE! - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP INJUSTICE!

Options
13»

Comments

• WaterLily
    WaterLily Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
    Options

sophie18 said:
    It would really be helpful maybe if you can tell us how you got the enchanted mobility because I found unless someone is in a box they can walk or use taxis according to my experience with the people who sit there and make assumptions and lies to justify their decisions!
    I can walk. I am not in a wheelchair but I do use a walking stick and have a mobility scooter. 

This extract is from the 'turn 2 us' website.....

On 1 February 2013, the government agreed to amend the proposed rules so that the assessment of PIP eligibility should take account of whether the claimant can not just complete an activity, such as walking 20 metres, but do this:

• Safely
    • Reliably
    • Repeatedly, and
    • In a reasonable time period. 
    I had to describe to the assessor on my MR that the above 4 points applied to me. It's not all about pain and having to stop,though these things can and do happen. 

• sophie18
    sophie18 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
    Options
    Thank you I've tried explaining this but it's obvious they decide on their own assumptions. We knew they were going to reject my claim few minutes in the interview.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.