New category - disability news — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New category - disability news

Alex
Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
As requested - we've created this new category for disability news. 

This category is for sharing and discussing the latest news stories and blog posts which are related to disability. 

Comments

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Hi @Alex, great topic. 
    I think it will come very useful within short period of time. For example 
    I was searching over google and found out that in America there is lots of organisation who mentor/couch disable people even via online services. 
    As I am a bit interested in this area of online mentoring/ couching I did carry out my search and tried to find equivalent organisation here in UK (London). 
    There are sorts of counselling/ mentoring services mostly face- face or over the phone but not online and not for disable people. 
    If any of you dear members come across organisation who not only provide mentioned services but also train people, please share with me. 
    Thanks

Iza 
  • basiclee08
    basiclee08 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    I have found that here plenty of people to talk too and if needed plenty expert Advisors for most questions/problems to get support with. think the great thing with our online Community is that we can say nearly anything and will get help or directed to where to get it. best of both worlds people who lived it and experts to hand all in one place. 
  • basiclee08
    @Alex have heard Government tinkering Again with pip Criteria you hear owt about this Alex?.
  • basiclee08
    @Alex I was Emailed this about new Fast track Apprenticeships that fast track Disabled people. seems mainly in london at the moment but hope spreads to rest of uk. am sure you will put in right feed. cheers lee

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/promoting-diversity-and-inclusion

vacancies open for Apprenticeships no age limit and disabled Friendly.  :)
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @Alex Could someone please tell us the latest criteria for planning and following a journey especially the overwhelming psychological distress. Is this still in the wording and is it accepted if it is due to a long standing mental health problem rather than just getting a bit anxious?
     Also can someone explain the reliability and danger criteria when doing activities on your own as I think this applies to me but am thoroughly confused. Thanks. 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    That sounds really tough @wildlife - perhaps it might help you to speak to someone on our helpline? You can get in touch on 0808 800 3333 if you want to speak personally to someone.

I will also start a thread with your post on the Ask a benefits advisor category to see if they have any information or support. 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.