Welcome to our new look online community!

Comments

• Ray212
    Ray212 Community member Posts: 469 Empowering
  • Ray212

Report function seems to be working today. Though the text for it is tiny.

• WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 1,896 Championing
    edited July 27

Hello Community_Scope,

Happy to report that today I learned how the 'mark all read' feature works! 😀

How I wish little things like this didn't baffle me for so long - perhaps you could help me understand?

I would randomly click on it but nothing happened and I'd get frustrated re-reading comments to clear the red bell of notifications. So, Scope, was something covering my screen or are the blue dots now LARGER and more visible or did I just never see them? Thank you

• Cantilip
    Cantilip Community member Posts: 625 Empowering

ERROR MESSAGE on Post Comment

CommentModel::getDiscussionThreadOffset(): Argument #1 ($commentRowOrCommentID) must be of type object|array|int, string given, called in /applications/vanilla/controllers/class.postcontroller.php on line 952

Then said: Draft not found.

Thoroughly findable draft contained pasted material from NHS Pensions, and that's about as exciting as it got.

• Ray212
    edited July 27

And reporting a post has stopped working again

Edit : Working again, seems hit and miss

• Cantilip

Oh! The system has now found my post and posted it. Both tries.

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,374 Championing

Reporting not working again; definitely temperamental!

• THE_DUDE
    THE_DUDE Community member Posts: 241 Empowering

Honestly don't like the new look.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,558 Online Community Programme Lead

Anything in particular about it @THE_DUDE?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,191 Championing

I appreciate that it’s all new but there’s a lot wrong here.

I’ve seen numerous members posting several duplicate comments all after one another.

I view a thread because it’s showing new comments but once I’ve viewed it, it doesn’t refresh so it still looks like i haven’t viewed it. That makes it even more challenging. If I go back and refresh it myself then then I can see I’ve viewed them but I shouldn’t have to do that.

What about quoting comments? Is that going to change? Not being able to quote part of a comment is very frustrating and can make some of the advice I give difficult for someone to follow.

When coming onto the forum it automatically takes me to recent discussions so I have to change to all categories myself. It never used to do that so why does it now?

I thought the whole purpose of a new look was to iron out all the issues but it seems like that hasn’t happened.

• Adrian_Scope

We want to assure you that re-theming our online community was a carefully considered decision. While we know many of you liked the previous theme, it had become increasingly problematic and led to more frequent downtimes. We understand the sentiment, "if it’s not broken, don’t fix it," but our old theme was indeed broken and getting worse over time.

There will be some teething problems, and we appreciate your patience. Some issues we can fix, while others will need our platform host's attention. Your feedback is always important to us and we are very much taking it on board as we continue to work on issues.

We won’t address every piece of feedback here, but rest assured, all bugs and styling issues (colours, font sizes, spacing, etc.) are being reported and worked on.
    If you're able to, sending us screenshots of any issues is especially helpful, as we're not always able to replicate these on our devices.

• Adrian_Scope

Reporting issues:

Frustratingly, this related to our platform host and not actually related to the re-theme, unfortunately, as it was happening prior to Wednesday's launch. However, it just seems to have gotten worse very suddenly. We are working on a fix but for now we've found if you press the 'back' button on your browser when the white screen appears, it should let you report posts as usual. If you are unable to report a post and want to bring it to our attention you can also email the team or send us a private message.

Other issues:

If you’re having trouble accessing the site or getting error messages, please contact us at community@scope.org.uk or send a message to Community_Scope with as much information as you can about the issues you're experiencing.
    We really appreciate all of the feedback so far and hopefully you'll have noticed we are continuing to make fixes and improvements based on your feedback too.

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,374 Championing

About the work around to be able to report if you initially just get a blank screen; testing this, unfortunately using the back button doesn't work for me, as it just brings me back to the page containing the post I tested reporting. This with a desktop computer.

Being able to react to a post is still very hit & miss for me, with more misses than hits! Whilst often unable to participate in the community other than reading posts, this is a function I now miss.

Why are games from the 'Games Den' now appearing under recent discussions? I thought most members welcomed having the games in a separate category of their own….

• Ray212

Didn't work for me either. And the quote thing is a problem. Poppy was saying that she couldn't edit a quote so I tried quoting her just to see and she is correct however now her quote won't go. Everytime I visit the site I have to delete her quote which is permanently in the comment box lol

• Cantilip

Oh not again! Guessing others aren't having this because not pasting in stuff. When I removed the links, got Draft not found. Wasted 40 minutes trying to help someone. OK, copied and saved on my PC and maybe the system will deign to post it latr.

• ladyluck
    ladyluck Community member Posts: 75 Contributor

its made me anxious as i dont like change. Tried but it’s not for me. Please go back to the old way. The old menu was easy to access and move around. All the posts merge into one now and my interest has waned. Not happy.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,191 Championing

That will be the "auto save" for drafts and yes it's very annoying. You can remove the draft by clicking on your name in the top right hand side of the screen and then click draft. That will take you to your drafts where you can then delete it.

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,997 Championing

I found this feature annoying as well. Didn't realise they were all saved outside of each thread though. Just found out I have well over 100 drafts in there!😄 Is there any way to delete all of them at once? Will take ages to click the little X on each one.

• WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 1,896 Championing
    edited July 30

Community_Scope.

'Started by' has disappeared again from the discussion boxes - it now only tells us the most recent user name. I like knowing the creator's name alongside their avatar. Might this be reinstated?