What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.


Jacqueline888Jacqueline888 Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi i suffer with thyroid eye disease and Graves disease which causes high anxiety amongst other things would i be eligible for any benefits. 


  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jacqueline888 there is a benefits calculator here that you can fill in to see what you could be entitled to.
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hello...yes, definitely check out the benefits calculator. What you can claim will depend on factors such as your age, whether or not you are able to work, who is in your household, and what kind of difficulties and limitations you have with everyday life. If you are working age (i.e. under 63 / 64 ish), then you could be considering ESA (employment and support allowance) if you're not able to work, and PIP (personal independence payment) if you have difficulties with everyday personal tasks and / or getting around outside. If you meet the conditions, then these benefits can both be paid at the same time. 
    Hope this helps.
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.