Hi, my name is suzylou! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is suzylou!

suzylou
suzylou Community member Posts: 21 Courageous
I am new and very shy I am a childlike adult woman who has an invisible disability of various conditions. I have just been diagnosed with being on the autistic spectrum very late in life and have mental health problems including severe depression and anxiety and ocd and multiple phobias and I suffer with sciatica migraines and headaches and suffer with severe social anxiety but that doesn't stop me from reaching out to people on here. Sorry for long post but wanted to shyly say hello.

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @suzylou,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

It really is a lovely place and there's lots of discussions and categories which you can get involved with - whether it's just for a chat, or asking for some help and support. You may find our Autism Spectrum Disorders and Ask an ASD advisor groups of particular interest.

If you have any questions, please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @suzylou.

Welcome aboard our site I do hope that we can offer you both help & support.

Don't worry about the long post that's what we are here for "each other"

Please please let me know if I can help/support you ???

Steve.
  • suzylou
    suzylou Community member Posts: 21 Courageous
    hello thank you both for your warm welcome. I just want to break down the feeling isolation and wanting to be part of some kind of community. I do need a lot of support with everything really. My father does what he can to help but he is getting older now and there doesn't seem to be a lot of support in our area with people that have a mix of mental health problems and being on the autism spectrum but will certainly have look around here and keep you posted. thanks

suzylou
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @suzylou welcome to the community, we have so many great members here so I hope you enjoy it here, if you have any questions, just ask!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @suzylou

You are very welcome that's what we are all here for !!!!

Please please don't break down !!!!

You are now in our family/community !!!!!

Please please please let us know if we can help you further ????

Have a great evening !!!!!

Brightness