Eviction — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Eviction

Options
Anastasia_T22
Anastasia_T22 Scope Member Posts: 18 Connected

The law is not kind to women especially disabled women. My recent experience spells out how nearly every aspect of the law is antagonistic.  I have been disabled in some way for most of my life. (You can list your history of illness) However, I have managed to hold down a good job with a multinational, I have completed an acceptable London degree, I have saved up and bought my own apartment after being done out of a decent share of a part owned Notting Hill property. 

That all sounds nice. Until the law comes into it.  It seems there is always  a busybody waiting to cash in  on my mistakes. Number one was the longing I had for the day i would be able to dispense with  my given names and choose my own. The point   is that I was given a replacement for my birth name and I grew up not liking it one bit. As soon as I was able I went through the legal process of changing to my   chosen name…….. documentation, council discussion and acceptance, bank documentation, passport, holiday registration. I was myself.  A good friend helped me fill out official forms. Then I encountered  my first  Trustee in Bankruptcy. He had dug up a debt owed to a store group. You pay your dues and that ends that, one would think. He invoked  some unwritten rule that you stick to  every name you have been known by - despite passport, bank details and  other identity to the contrary.
That was bad enough until the same operator crashed down on my apartment
and sold it without my knowledge, agreement  or signature - or cash response I have  to fight these conflictions, buy myself a new home, put myself to work - and earn enough to buy off the financial predatorar. 
 And at the same time I intend to brief  a faculty  of Law on the rights and wrongs of believing that you are able to change your name but that all the names you have ever been given remain your responsibility. So much for the starry  people who live by their AKA title. I intend to sort that out.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Wow, Thank you for sharing. I had no idea thing could be so complicated. You sure have had your unfair share of difficulties.
    I wish you the best life you can have, and hope thing get better  from now on.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Anastasia_T22,

I'm sorry to hear about all the problems you've been having - it sounds like you've been having a really tough time.

Have you received any support? The Money Advice Service may be able to help you, and you can always give our Helpline a call on 0808 800 3333, or by email: helpline@scope.org.uk.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, then please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • Anastasia_T22
    Anastasia_T22 Scope Member Posts: 18 Connected
    Options
    I am not very technical, I am getting better, I have not been on here for a while.  I am receiving no social care support, I am finding things very difficult.  I CD was burgled twice this year, I am devastated.    Anastasia 💜🧑🏻‍🦼
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Anastasia_T22 and welcome back to the community, it looks like it has been quite a while yes!

I'm really sorry to hear that you're finding things difficult, what's happened must feel devastating indeed. 

Did you manage to report the burglaries to the Police at all? If you'd like support with how you've been affected I'd encourage you to visit Victim Support

Can I ask if you've been in touch with your GP about your social care support? They may be able to refer you for a needs assessment.

Let us know if we can help further with anything, and we'll do what we can :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness