Hi, my name is guitarman! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is guitarman!

Options
guitarman
guitarman Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am 60 at xmas and suffer from various things such as arthritis in my lower back hip and both knees, I have a heart problem wher it only works at about 70%, also breathing problems and i am verry much overweight, mainly due to the lack of mobility, I cant stand for more than about 30 seconds and cant walk more than about 10 yards without being in pain and gasping for breath. But apart from that I'm in the rudest of health.......lol.
As you will guess from theuser name I play the guitar and this has been a lifesaver for me as it gives me something to do with my time, I am also into photography and video making, but just lately I havent been getting out as often to do any snapping.
I live in Leeds West Yorks in a nice Council bungalow which meets my needs and have great neigbours. Well thats about it not much of an introduction more like a good moan.......lol
Cheers
Guitarman.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Guitarman and welcome
    Thanks for letting us know a little about you.
    We have a great community here ,please ask any questions or just come and have a rant, always listening ears here

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @guitarman

Welcome to the gang I hope that we can offer you both "help & support"

Please please do let us know if there is anything specific that we can help you with ????

It's great to have you onboard I look forward to meeting you!!!!!
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @guitarman,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board.

Thanks for sharing this with us - are you currently receiving any support for your condition?

Also, it's great to speak to a fellow musician! I used to play the guitar many years ago, but I'm more of a drummer now and have been playing the kit for around 10/11 years - I love it! I also love a bit of photography from time to time myself as well. Great hobbies!

If you have any questions, please do get in touch!
    Liam

Brightness