Feeling a little sad - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling a little sad

Options
124»

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes we are the lucky ones with family etc, and you've got the house to take your mind of things albeit it all needs money, but its good to have your dreams, you've done so well. Don't wish your life a way waiting to retire, just try and enjoy what you have, hopefully you'l get your lower hours at work, which will help your body now, x
  • punchnJudy64
    punchnJudy64 Community member Posts: 233 Pioneering
    Options
    Hope so because I struggled the get there this morning. Think I’ll take a little break from work soon, maybe a long weekend off , time to recharge a bit. I’m very lucky. I know I am. In the marriage I thought the only way out of it was very different.  So I’m pleased to be here. X
  • punchnJudy64
    Options
    So my back has gone due to work ( self employed). I can hardly get off the sofa so can’t work this week. I’m so worried about the money side of things. I’ve been awarded lwca but not sure if my uc payment will be increased.  I hate all this. I feel much safer going to work x
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @punchnJudy64

Have you seen your GP for your back? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm feeling a little sad because I'm not looking forward to the Pip tribunal. 
  • punchnJudy64
    Options
    Oh no. I haven’t applied for pip, I’ve just been awarded lwca but no idea if I’ll get any money to help me yet. So I’m still doing a few jobs to try and keep my head above water.  I looked at pip but I can walk and I can bathe and feed myself so I didn’t fill it in x I really hope it goes well for you . From bits I’ve heard it could easily go in ur favour but I suppose it’s a terrifying thing to do.  Let us know how u get on . Is it soon?. X
  • punchnJudy64
    Options
    Hi Hannah, no I’ve not been able to get an appointment. I’ve been awarded lwca but I’m not sure if I get financial help. It’s trying to do a physical job, I’m older now  59 this yr and with so many health issues my body is shouting sadly.  I’ve cut down my hours but it would be a dream to be able to stop , which I doubt that will ever happen. I’m tired and worn out like a bald tyre lol x
  • Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks @punchnJudy64 , appreciate your time.  Please take care of yourself.  I hope everything goes okay for you too .
  • punchnJudy64
    Options
    @Strawberry1, any time.   Fingers crossed for us both and I’ll continue to dream of packing up work and  being pain free . We all need a dream xx  good luck , don’t forget to let me know how u get on xx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.