Who has received or started to see their £301 cost of living payment? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Who has received or started to see their £301 cost of living payment?

Comments

• debbiejohn
    debbiejohn Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    Hi I got my cost of living  payment  this morning thanks folks 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Good to hear this @debbiejohn thanks for updating us all :)  
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • alaskajade1987
    alaskajade1987 Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    I received it literally an hour or so ago think it’s bacs payment, I am with monzo bank and they actually give the money the day before it’s due so I will be able to receive it tomorrow which I am thrilled about
  • afgzee
    afgzee Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    I received it literally an hour or so ago think it’s bacs payment, I am with monzo bank and they actually give the money the day before it’s due so I will be able to receive it tomorrow which I am thrilled about
    I see so it's now showed up on your oe ding incoming payments.
    Im also with monzo but nothing shown the app yet. Guess I will look into it next week again. 

Good luck and enjoy your money. 
  • afgzee
    So i asked my flatmate and he received the payment today.

For anyone asking, i found out some information, it isn't being paid by name, NI number or benefit type, it does say though-

"The payments are being made in random batches, at around one million at a time.

They also tweeted that 1.6 million payments were made yesterday (April 26), meaning 3.2 million payments had been made overall.
  • alaskajade1987
    afgzee said:
    I see so it's now showed up on your oe ding incoming payments.
    Im also with monzo but nothing shown the app yet. Guess I will look into it next week again. 

Good luck and enjoy your money. 

Thanks I hope yours shows up tomorrow monzo is very handy I am able to receive it tomorrow at 4 thank god… fingers crossed yours isn’t far off the horizon 🤞🤞🙏🙏 let us know have a nice weekend 

• afgzee
    edited April 2023

DWP stops all £301 cost of living payments in sudden announcement

DWP stops all £301 cost of living payments in sudden announcement - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

So the rest of us will have to hang on till next month. 
  • Superbetty
    Superbetty Community member Posts: 448 Pioneering
    Well, it says they will start making payments from 2nd of May, so it is just few days break, it says payments will be made until 17th of May, as it was said before. So to me, nothing has changed, as we didn't know anyway when we will get the payment, only it was said until 17th of May, which didn't change. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,830 Disability Gamechanger
    afgzee said:

DWP stops all £301 cost of living payments in sudden announcement - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

Silly newspaper articles again making something out to be really bad when it isn’t. 

I would expect them to stop making payments over the weekends. Tomorrow is Friday so the last day for this week. 

Then we have a long bank holiday weekend so yes 3 days when no payments will be made. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • alaskajade1987
    afgzee said:

Urgh so typical I thought they would be paying out today too😬☹️ Sorry u didn’t get yours in time for weekend… but I hope Tuesday you get it 🙄 try have nice weekend  😊
  • afgzee
    afgzee said:

Silly newspaper articles again making something out to be really bad when it isn’t. 

I would expect them to stop making payments over the weekends. Tomorrow is Friday so the last day for this week. 

Then we have a long bank holiday weekend so yes 3 days when no payments will be made. 

yes but the fact that they're not processing payments on Friday is a bit stupid. Friday is still a normal working day and they still should have made payments today. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,830 Disability Gamechanger
    afgzee said:
    afgzee said:

yes but the fact that they're not processing payments on Friday is a bit stupid. Friday is still a normal working day and they still should have made payments today. 

When i said "silly newspaper articles" what i meant was, you shouldn't believe everything you read in them because they often publish total nonsense. You don't know they're not making payments today. As it's a normal working day i would expect payments to be made. Though most are done as a BACS payment anyway, which takes a few working days to go into your bank.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    afgzee said:

At least they announced it, will prevent people checking until the 2nd may now, knowing it wont be until that date at the earliest.

I am one of the remaining people who has yet to get it.
  • worried33
    afgzee said:

They havent said its bad, just a simple article informing people of whats happening.

Also the DWP could have made more payments today, so this will save people some grief knowing now that it wont resume until the 2nd May.
  • worried33
    afgzee said:
    afgzee said:

When i said "silly newspaper articles" what i meant was, you shouldn't believe everything you read in them because they often publish total nonsense. You don't know they're not making payments today. As it's a normal working day i would expect payments to be made. Though most are done as a BACS payment anyway, which takes a few working days to go into your bank.

The article was sourced from the DWP itself.

In a social media message tonight, the Department said: "The next set of payments will be made on Tuesday, May 2, and we will update again when these have been made." It also said: "If you’ve not received yours, don’t worry - payments will continue to be made up to May 17."

• Superbetty
    Yes, but the way it was worded out, as usually to make people panic.DWP stops all £301 cost of living payments in sudden announcement - that is so typical. It makes people think they have stopped completely, when it is not the case at all. I agree with Poppy, silly article just to make people panic and talk, and worry for no reason.
  • Superbetty
    And yes, I didn't get my payment yet, and yes, I need it like everyone else here. We will get it:-)Hopefully sooner than 17th of May:-)
  • alaskajade1987
    afgzee said: yeah I agree afgzee some people like myself are in more desperate need for it so why they haven’t done any on Friday (a normal working day ) just bewilders me 
    afgzee said:

• worried33
    Purrrrrrr said:
    worried33 said:
    afgzee said:

At least they announced it, will prevent people checking until the 2nd may now, knowing it wont be until that date at the earliest.

I am one of the remaining people who has yet to get it.
    BIB You make it sound like almost everyone has been paid.   I'm sure most haven't yet.  

Wasnt my intention, I can see from the DWP statement, more than half have yet to receive it.
  • afgzee
    worried33 said:
    afgzee said:
    afgzee said:

The article was sourced from the DWP itself.

In a social media message tonight, the Department said: "The next set of payments will be made on Tuesday, May 2, and we will update again when these have been made." It also said: "If you’ve not received yours, don’t worry - payments will continue to be made up to May 17."

Yeah that's what I am saying. No idea why they couldn't have made more payments today since its a working day. Never mind. 

I'm just worried about the amount of cat food I have left, no charity seems to be able to help me out that's why I need the money ASAP. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.