Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

PIP award texts

Options
beckyapril123
beckyapril123 Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
I know that people don’t always receive a PIP award text but for those who have, have they always come in the morning or are there any cases where they are sent later in the day ? I am just curious 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,998 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've never seen a thread where anyone has received a text later in the day. Usually it's just after 8am.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • beckyapril123
    Options
    I've never seen a thread where anyone has received a text later in the day. Usually it's just after 8am.
    I’ve seen one I think where she said it was 3pm, just wanted to see if that was a one off. 
  • Daisydukes
    Daisydukes Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    It’s torture waiting isn’t it? 
  • beckyapril123
    Options
    Complete torture …. And it’s really hard not to google things and try and work out a timeline. It’s driving me insane. 
  • Daisydukes
    Options
    Complete torture …. And it’s really hard not to google things and try and work out a timeline. It’s driving me insane. 

At this point I’d be happy to receive the “not awarded” letter. Just so I can stop thinking about it. 
  • beckyapril123
    Options
    @Daisydukes can I ask your timeline please see mine below - 

I received my online application on the 1st March. 

I had sent it all back by 21st as it took me a while to get all my evidence together. 

I had a phone assessment booked in for 4th of May and they cancelled and rescheduled for the 11th. 

18th of may DWP text to say they had received my report. 

And last Friday I had a text and letter to say we have not yet made a decision. 
  • Daisydukes
    Options
    I called on the 3rd of March

submitted my online application

received on the 28th March 

assessment on 18th of May

Report received 18th of May

no decision text last Friday
  • beckyapril123
    Options
    @Daisydukes oh god so we are pretty much on the same timeline. I know it’s different for each case though. I’m surprised I have any nails left at this point tbh. I’ve just seen the postman and even he gives me anxiety now. Lmfao 
  • lmarie3004
    lmarie3004 Community member Posts: 72 Connected
    Options
    Im going out my mind, suffer with severe anxiety also and the waiting now is awful 😢 
    they only received my assessment back on the 26th May so could still take months 
    praying every morning at 8am for good news
    Did you girls get copy of assessment? 
  • beckyapril123
    Options
    @lmarie3004 I didn’t …. I am thinking if I should call today and ask for it though. I think I haven’t as I’m scared about what it says although I should because it will allow me to prepare. Did you get a copy ? I will say my assessor wasn’t very professional at some points. 

Firstly after asking what my condition was ( I only have one ) she said ohhhh a nice and easy one. Which I thought was quite rude. 

Secondly she proceeded to say “ off the record considering your medication, you should do this instead “ 

Thirdly she called me partner a “ poor thing “ as he has to do most the household chores. 
  • lmarie3004
    Options
    @beckyapril123 wow!! Why would she come out with things like that 🥲 my assessor wasn’t great either.
    i goy a copy yes it says 11 points daily living 0 mobility even though I explained i cant leave house due to anxiety and panic attacks 
    has stressed me out knowing the report but think id of been more stressed not knowing at all
  • Daisydukes
    Options
    @Daisydukes oh god so we are pretty much on the same timeline. I know it’s different for each case though. I’m surprised I have any nails left at this point tbh. I’ve just seen the postman and even he gives me anxiety now. Lmfao 
    I called and asked for my report yesterday. I can’t wait much longer. I know it’s not 100 percent accurate but just needed something lol. 
  • beckyapril123
    Options
    @lmarie3004 I know I was quite taken back to be honest. I just didn’t respond because no doubt it probably would have gone against me. And I will follow with phoning up today to get a copy although I am very scared about it lol x 
  • lmarie3004
    Options
    @Daisydukes they do sometimes go against the report but after talking to a few people on there most of them have got the points the assessor recommended 
    i think it’s easier to know roughly so you can prepare mentally 
  • lmarie3004
    Options

@beckyapril123 i hope you get the result you want and hopefully the copy of report will ease the anxiety slightly
    im sorry your having a bed time too

whars your timeline so far? Xx
  • beckyapril123
    Options
    @lmarie3004 yeah it will either ease my anxiety or make it worse haha who knows. My timeline is below :) 

I received my online application on the 1st March. 

I had sent it all back by 21st as it took me a while to get all my evidence together. 

I had a phone assessment booked in for 4th of May and they cancelled and rescheduled for the 11th. 

18th of may DWP text to say they had received my report. 

And last Friday I had a text and letter to say we have not yet made a decision. 
  • Daisydukes
    Options
    Ahh I’m sorry to hear about how you were treated by your accessor. Mine was actually really lovely which helped but it was a long convo which left me drained. I hope it’s good news for you both. I haven’t even read up on the points or how they work to be honest. I’m just kind of desperate at this point :( 
  • lmarie3004
    Options
    @beckyapril123 fingers crossed you get some good news soon
    i hope your assessment report is positive 
    keep us updated and i will too!
    ive not had a no decision yet text message 
    im praying for good news soon 🙏
  • lmarie3004
    Options
    I hope we all get positive outcomes 
  • beckyapril123
    Options
    @lmarie3004 @Daisydukes I will keep you both updated. Hopefully we all get what we deserve xx 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.