Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I thought UC LCWRA re-assessments were on hold (for people already getting LCWRA)? But...
Hi, I have been on UC, LWCRA group for 36 months for a severe mental health condition. Yesterday I received a message on my journal asking for their permission to contact my doctor and saying that I am “due” a work capability assessment. I rang UC up today to ask them about it as I’ve not received an assessment appointment or UC50 form. They told me that this is a RE-assessment and that it looks like they are just trying to confirm with my doctor that my health condition remains the same rather than actually giving me any kind of face to face or telephone assessment.
Does that sound right?
Anyone else experienced this?
- All Categories
- 12.9K Start here and say hello!
- 6.6K Coffee lounge
- 45 Games room
- 429 Cost of living
- 4.4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 208 Community updates
- 9.2K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.5K Work and employment
- 785 Education
- 1.6K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 613 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 370 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 758 Transport and travel
- 30.4K Talk about money
- 4.3K Benefits and financial support
- 5.1K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 16.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 858 Chronic pain and pain management
- 160 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.2K Mental health and wellbeing
- 322 Sensory impairments
- 819 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.