If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I thought UC LCWRA re-assessments were on hold (for people already getting LCWRA)? But...

Options

Comments

• Kimmy87
    Kimmy87 Community member Posts: 332 Pioneering
    Options
    Kimmy87 said:
    I had the message requesting my GP contact details two weeks ago. I responded the next day, and am yet to hear anything further. 
    Thanks for sharing Kimmy!  So no UC50, no referral letter for an assessment at all?  This is so interesting.
    Are you on LCWRA or LCW?
    No nothing at all yet apart from that message two weeks ago. 
    I am on LCWRA. 
  • StillIRise
    StillIRise Community member Posts: 178 Pioneering
    Options
    paries1 said:
    Kimmy87 said:
    I had the message requesting my GP contact details two weeks ago. I responded the next day, and am yet to hear anything further. 
    They must be contacting GPs before to ask a few things before referring 
    Back in my ESA days I remember them asking to contact my doctor.  My psychiatrist then mentioned that he'd filled in a form they'd sent him.  Next thing I knew DWP wrote to me confirming I was in the Support Group.  I didn't have an assessment and I don't think I even filled out a new ESA50 form.  It's possible they mark it down as the condition being unlikely to change in some cases or something.
  • paries1
    paries1 Community member Posts: 380 Pioneering
    edited June 2023
    Options
    paries1 said:
    Kimmy87 said:
    They must be contacting GPs before to ask a few things before referring 
    Back in my ESA days I remember them asking to contact my doctor.  My psychiatrist then mentioned that he'd filled in a form they'd sent him.  Next thing I knew DWP wrote to me confirming I was in the Support Group.  I didn't have an assessment and I don't think I even filled out a new ESA50 form.  It's possible they mark it down as the condition being unlikely to change in some cases or something.
    I think that’s called ES113 or something like that. It’s what the normally send out to Drs , got question like 
    when was the last time you saw patient 
    how do they manage their issues 
    Do you think they can work 
    amongst other things 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes ESA113 and UC113. You can see it here and it's the same for UC. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/esa113-interactive-for-use-by-healthcare-practitioners

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • paries1
    Options
    Yes ESA113 and UC113. You can see it here and it's the same for UC. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/esa113-interactive-for-use-by-healthcare-practitioners

It seems in some cases they are contacting Drs before making a referral. I don’t think they’ve ever done this before ? Prob because it’s been such a long time since reassessing that they want to make sure it won’t send us over the edge. 
  • StillIRise
    Options
    paries1 said:

It seems in some cases they are contacting Drs before making a referral. I don’t think they’ve ever done this before ? Prob because it’s been such a long time since reassessing that they want to make sure it won’t send us over the edge. 
    Haha, they could not care less about sending us over the edge. If this is what they are doing re contacting doctors first it will only be because it's quicker or cheaper for DWP to do this, not because it's easier for us.  I think the fact that Kimmy got the GP message on her journal two weeks ago and STILL has not received a referral or UC50 is very interesting and does suggest they might be taking this approach for some people. 
  • paries1
    edited June 2023
    Options
    paries1 said:

Haha, they could not care less about sending us over the edge. If this is what they are doing re contacting doctors first it will only be because it's quicker or cheaper for DWP to do this, not because it's easier for us.  I think the fact that Kimmy got the GP message on her journal two weeks ago and STILL has not received a referral or UC50 is very interesting and does suggest they might be taking this approach for some people. 
    Lol that’s a good point , it is DWP after all , I was trying to give them the benefit  of the doubt BUT I think you’re absolutely right ! 
  • StillIRise
    edited June 2023
    Options
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:

Lol that’s a good point , it is DWP after all , I was trying to give them the Benedict of the doubt BUT I think you’re absolutely right ! 
    There was definitely a marker on my file that said I was so mentally unstable that they should not even bother to ask me to fill in forms.  I know that sounds very odd but it's true.  I can't remember what the marker is called and I don't know if it is still on there.  Several years ago they sent me a PIP new claim form.  I was in a very bad state mentally and I totally failed to fill in or send back the PIP form at all.  To my surprise about 4 months later they contacted me to arrange a PIP phone assessment despite me never having sent back a form.  It was explained to me that due to this marker on my file they would not shut down my claims even if I ignored all my forms as I was marked as not having the mental capacity. 

One can have this marker on their file without even knowing it until someone at DWP mentions it to you.  It would have originally have been put on my file by ESA.  Maybe it is still on my DWP files. 
  • paries1
    Options
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:

Lol that’s a good point , it is DWP after all , I was trying to give them the Benedict of the doubt BUT I think you’re absolutely right ! 
    There was definitely a marker on my file that said I was so mentally unstable that they should not even bother to ask me to fill in forms.  I know that sounds very odd but it's true.  I can't remember what the marker is called and I don't know if it is still on there.  Several years ago they sent me a PIP new claim form.  I was in a very bad state mentally and I totally failed to fill in or send back the PIP form at all.  To my surprise about 4 months later they contacted me to arrange a PIP phone assessment despite me never having sent back a form.  It was explained to me that due to this marker on my file they would not shut down my claims even if I ignored all my forms as I was marked as not having the mental capacity. 

One can have this marker on their file without even knowing it until someone at DWP mentions it to you.  It would have originally have been put on my file by ESA.  Maybe it is still on my DWP files. 
    Could be still on there then ? Have you anyway of finding out ? Surely if it was on there they can’t remove it 
  • StillIRise
    Options
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:

Could be still on there then ? Have you anyway of finding out ? Surely if it was on there they can’t remove it 
    I'm not sure.

I feel so tired of living at the mercy of the DWP.  I would love to be well enough to resume a normal working life. 
  • paries1
    Options
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:

I'm not sure.

I feel so tired of living at the mercy of the DWP.  I would love to be well enough to resume a normal working life. 
    I know exactly how you feel , I worked for 25 years until I had a breakdown. If they’d just leave me alone a bit longer I’ll get a part time job and get them off my back . 
  • Ray212
    Ray212 Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    Options
    I think many people feel the same, DWP don't understand that though, if its not one thing it's another. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry the process isn't easier for you all. I hope in having found each other to confide in and compare, some of the anxiety is lessened. Please do keep leaning on us throughout.

And @StillIrise that is a heck of a powerful username, the Maya Angelou poem your inspiration?  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • StillIRise
    Options
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:

I'm not sure.

I know exactly how you feel , I worked for 25 years until I had a breakdown. If they’d just leave me alone a bit longer I’ll get a part time job and get them off my back . 
    Sorry to hear you had a breakdown.  I had a good career once but my mental health conditions escalated to the point where I was no longer functioning eventually.

Fingers crossed this latest UC stuff will work out just fine for us all. 

• paries1
    Options
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:

I'm not sure.

Sorry to hear you had a breakdown.  I had a good career once but my mental health conditions escalated to the point where I was no longer functioning eventually.

Thx Stilllrise,

it’s all really stressful isn’t it? 

Let’s see what happens over the next few weeks and keep all of us updated on here. 

This is a great forum and so glad I found it . 

I hope after they contact your Consultant they’ll leave you alone :) 
  • paries1
    Options
    Ray212 said:
    I think many people feel the same, DWP don't understand that though, if its not one thing it's another. 
    I know , you’re right Ray212. 
  • StillIRise
    edited June 2023
    Options
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:

I'm not sure.

Thx Stilllrise,

Let’s see what happens over the next few weeks and keep all of us updated on here. 

I hope your process goes smoothly too. 
  • StillIRise
    Options
    I'm sorry the process isn't easier for you all. I hope in having found each other to confide in and compare, some of the anxiety is lessened. Please do keep leaning on us throughout.

And @StillIrise that is a heck of a powerful username, the Maya Angelou poem your inspiration?  <3
    Hi Cher.  Yes it's from the Maya Angelou poem.  

It's good finding each other here.  
  • paries1
    Options
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:
    paries1 said:

I'm not sure.

Thx Stilllrise,

I hope your process goes smoothly too.  If they do contact your GP,  even the fact that you're on antipsychotics carries weight with DWP.  These are serious medications and doctors don't put people o them unless the conditions are severe.  
    Same for you stillllrise , thanks for your support too . :) 
  • JBS2022
    JBS2022 Scope Member Posts: 2,075 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My cousin received a journal entry about contacting his GP a week ago, and today was told he was staying LCWRA, he hasn't even seen his GP in 3 years so the info off the GP would be out of date, they asked if he was still taking antipsychotics and that was that. The DWP are trying to review as many people without needing a phone or face to face assessment as possible. 
    Life is better in a fishtank  🐟
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.