How is your day going?

Comments

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 568 Championing
    Rant time warning 

My sky bill (TV, broadband phone) is jumping from £56 to £74 in April. I rang customer services and bargained hard but no reduction can be applied. They carried over reduction from last contract and inflation is to blame. If I change anything I lose the reduction and bill would go to £87.

First time I've failed to wangle a better deal. Its a big expense but tv is a lifeline when at home so much.
  • Autism_at_40
    Autism_at_40 Community member Posts: 877 Pioneering
    Hello all,

I know I have been away for ages..

Thanks @Ada for asking after me.

I have been going through a lot of overwhelm and have found it just too difficult to be in communication with people (I think it all started when I got my support worker - I am not used to having someone else in my space for 4 hours a week!).

I'm still not doing great, but I thought I would just check in.  I hope everyone is doing well.
  • Autism_at_40
    Marydoll5 said:
    Rant time warning 

My sky bill (TV, broadband phone) is jumping from £56 to £74 in April. I rang customer services and bargained hard but no reduction can be applied. They carried over reduction from last contract and inflation is to blame. If I change anything I lose the reduction and bill would go to £87.

First time I've failed to wangle a better deal. Its a big expense but tv is a lifeline when at home so much.
    It might be worth switching to Now TV, you can get pretty much the same tv and it's way cheaper, you also get offers to reduce the cost (go to cancel and they will make an offer for you to keep it). 

I think Cinema is 11.99 (I don't know because I never pay full price) and entertainment might be 9.99 (again, don't pay that, I think I'm paying 3.99 at the moment). 

I get my broadband through Now TV too, which is only £25 pm. 

Depending what you want out of your phone deal, I only pay £6 a month with three and I get unlimited texts, calls and I think 4GB of data, which is enough when I am at home all the time.
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,946 Championing
    sorry to hear of your bill increasing @Marydoll5, shame you couldn't sort a better deal.
    Hey @Autism_at_40, i hope things settle down for you, and you get used to the support worker, take care
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,443 Championing
    That's daylight robbery @Marydoll5.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,629 Championing

@Autism_at_40
    Nice to see you on, I hope things settle down soon for you. Look after yourself.

❤️
  • Marydoll5
    @Autism_at_40 great to hear from you and thanks for the tips about Now tv. Not every street is cabelled for Virgin. We are not well off here for such things and I'm in the suburbs of Belfast.

It can be hard to get used to people when you're on your own a lot. Even though I crave company I sometimes get very nervous and clam up.

@Teigr I agree and I just couldn't get them to budge which is highly unusual 
  • Marydoll5
    @Grinchy they know there's not a lot of choice but it's extortionate 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,340 Championing
    edited February 23
    I hope you get a better deal somehow @Marydoll5 ,crazy how things keep going up. 
    Welcome back @Autism_at_40
  • Sandy_123
    Night @ada
  • Autism_at_40
    Thanks @Grinchy @Beaver79 @Lou67 @Marydoll5 @Ada @Sandy_123 for all your kind comments.

I'll see if I can bob on more often :-)
  • Autism_at_40
    Marydoll5 said:
    @Autism_at_40 great to hear from you and thanks for the tips about Now tv. Not every street is cabelled for Virgin. We are not well off here for such things and I'm in the suburbs of Belfast.

Now TV is a sky company, it only requires internet and a set top box they provide, not cabelled.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,629 Championing

@Ada
    I hope you have a decent sleep tonight.

Goodnight my friends ❤️
  • Marydoll5
    Night night everyone 😴 
  • Sandy_123
    Morning @ada and everyone 
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,443 Championing
    Morning all.
  • Amberpearl
    Amberpearl Community member Posts: 1,501 Championing
    Good morning all 

I'm. Getting my ears syringed this morning 
  • Sandy_123
    Morning @Teigr harsh frost this morning 
    Good luck @Amberpearl

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    Good morning everyone! :) 

Sorry there were 70 new posts since I logged off yesterday afternoon so I just skipped to the last page, I am sorry for that if it's rude I just get overwhelmed :D so if anyone mentioned me I am sorry :blush: 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    Thanks @Ada :blush: I hope you are OK today and got a decent sleep?