How is your day going?

Comments

• Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,436 Championing
    Morning all.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    Sandy_123 said:
    Hope it eases off for you @Lou67 I'm just watching the planes trying to land in the storm. Especially Dublin airport. I will have to go to the shop soon running low on milk

It can really show the skill that pilots have. Yes, a lot of it when cruising is now automated, but takeoff and landing is all the pilots skill and landing in that kind of weather really shows how much training they get. 

I recently started watching a youtube series by a pilot that goes into detail about airplane incidents and it's actually made me feel safer flying because they also go into how everything gets made safer afterwards.

Sorry for the late reply to this but flying is incredibly safe, statistically it's probably the safest method of transport/public transport that exists

Might be wrong, but I'm sure there was one calendar year quite recently where there wasn't a single reported commercial passenger airline plane crash, anywhere in the world, where passengers died

Pilots need a hell of a lot of flying hours before they are allowed to be in full charge of a passenger plane as well, like hundreds or even thousands of hours in some cases

Just adding this for curiosity/interest's sake but there was a poll taken a while back and the majority of people feel safest with a Scottish pilot for some reason, also sadly more people feel comfortable with a male pilot which is odd seeing as some of the major firsts in the flying world were by women, and we are not talking just "first woman" to do certain stuff but "first person" overall

The last flight I went on the pilot was an Arab and he kept cracking quite silly little jokes over the speaker system so all the passengers could hear which I thought was awesome and actually quite hilarious but I can understand might not have made people feel totally comfortable... :D 
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 845 Championing
    Morning Scope family, hope you all had a good nights rest and are pain free.

I'm actually petrified of flying, not been on a plane for years. I suffer from very bad vertigo (heights) and bad social anxiety and it seems like a bad nightmare to be stuck in a tin can for hours with hundreds of people. Also the lack of control I have and the inability to escape. I do get that its safer but with all that going round in my head all I think about is "were going to crash" haha

@Grinchy So sorry you had another nightmare, that must be awful. Just know you are safe and they can't harm you anymore. Hope you manage to have a better nights sleep and nightmare free tonight.

@Ada Hope you manage to get more sleep too, 1 1/2 hours doesn't seem much, just take it easy today and remember to have some you time and take care of yourself.

I'm off to my nans later today for sunday dinner, we meet up every sunday. I think we are having a chicken roast dinner can't wait. Next week is my turn so my nan will come mine next week and i'll cook for her instead and give her a break.

Have a good day everyone.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    Hi @rubin16  and everyone, I hope today is good for you all

I can understand the control thing actually, you are more likely to die driving a car but at least it would (more than likely) be your own fault, in a plane your fate is not up to you!!
  • rubin16
    66Mustang said:
    Hi @rubin16  and everyone, I hope today is good for you all

I can understand the control thing actually, you are more likely to die driving a car but at least it would (more than likely) be your own fault, in a plane your fate is not up to you!!

Yeah exactly, I do hope to get over this fear though one day when I feel upto it as I want a holiday abroad and to explore. But at the moment I am not upto it but one day I'll try again. I generally just holiday in the UK but have been researching holidays by coach or train to europe. But my overall dream holidays are to goto Universal and Disney world in florida to visit harry potter world (massive harry potter nerd) but I have a long way to go due to crowd and noise sensativities and being fearful of flying. I also want to visit malta, Japan and greece and maybe pluck the courage to visit my sister in australia who lives over there.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,629 Championing

Morning all I hope yous have a good day whatever yous are up to. 

@Grinchy
    Sorry you had a bad nightmare I hope you rest well today. 
    You certainly are the better person I’m so sorry for what your parents must’ve put you through 🥲

@Ada
    Oh Ada 1 and a half hours sleep is nothing I wish you could get a decent nights sleep. 

@rubin16
    Enjoy your dinner at your nan’s  later it sounds delicious.

@66Mustang
    Are you upto anything today.

@Teigr
    I hope you enjoyed your meal out yesterday.

❤️
  • rubin16
    @Lou67 Morning Lou, hope you have a good day also
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,199 Championing
    edited April 7
    Morning @teigr and @Lou67 @66Mustang and all .
    sorry @grinchy an easy day for you today m8 
    @ada I hope you have a restful day 
    @rubin enjoy your roast 

It's very windy here today again and rain
  • Zimba
    Zimba Community member Posts: 1,873 Empowering
    Morning all, hope you have a better day than yesterday, raining here for a few hours.

@Grinchy, through all you have been through it says a lot about the person you’ve become for your ability to bare no harm to others that have shown you no kindness and caused you harm, I hope you can get some rest today. I would love to see your sculptures the Grinch you did is amazing, I love any form of art.

@Ada for some we can’t forgive and that’s ok too, you are brave to talk on here a little of what’s you’ve been through and the about the dog meat trade, I have a very dear close friend that was abused by her father for which her mother knew and ignored, she was eventually put into care and she finds it hard to forgive also.
    On a positive note she is the most caring person I know which sounds just like you 🙂. 

• Zimba
    Can report that the Queen tribute act was brilliant he looked and sounded like him, so I’m glad I forced myself to go.
  • Sandy_123
    Glad you enjoyed it @zimba sounds fab 
    Morning @Beaver79
  • Zimba
    @Sandy_123 morning,  hope you have a good day.
  • Sandy_123
    Well the weathers rubbish again. So I'll be staying home doing house work @zimba but coffee first
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,629 Championing

@Beaver79
    Aww I’m so glad you’re feeling better I hope you have a nice day. 

@Zimba
    Aww I’m so glad you had a great night. 

@Sandy_123
    Hi I hope your feeling well, I think it’ll be a day in for me to there’s a big football match on today between the 2 biggest rival teams in Glasgow my sons away to it I always worry incase there’s trouble after it 🤦‍♀️

@Marydoll5
    Hi Mary I hope you’re doing good today look after yourself.

❤️
  • Teigr
    edited April 7
    Dry here at the moment @Sandy_123,still blowing a gale though.

We've been for a walk and now I'm flaked out with a latte while I consider my next move.
  • Zimba
    @Marydoll5 Morning, I hope the weather doesn’t cause any damage, take care.
  • Zimba
    Morning @Lou67 thank you, I hope you are doing ok.
  • Sandy_123
    I'd stay in too @Lou67 with 2 big matches on, you can join me in the stay at home club lol 
    I'm not even attempting the washing @Teigr enjoy your coffee
    Morning @Marydoll5 hope the storm is easing for you
  • Teigr
    I spoke too soon,it's raining.