• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,181 Championing
    I'm alright @ada did you message the drs
  • Sandy_123
    Hope the new meds work @ada

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,182 Online Community Coordinator
    I'll be here all week now @Ada unlucky for everyone in the games lounge, mwahahahaha!

I hope the new meds really help and you start feeling a bit brighter soon. Be gentle with yourself please. :) 
  • Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 561 Championing
    @Ada I really hope that the new meds work. You have suffered and tried to keep going and enough is enough. I have huge respect for you x

@Beaver79 hope the dentist visit went alright 

@Teigr I had a similar night. Glad you got the new fridge delivery!

Hope everyone has a good evening.  I didn't declutter today, too tired and sore and we've a busy day with appointments tomorrow. Don't want to break the flow so am frustrated 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,626 Championing

Hi everyone I hope yous are all doing good.
    I’m not to long home from my mums the weather turned really nice we sat out the back couldn’t believe how warm it was. Got my dinner in the oven.

@Ada
    Im shocked they can’t give you something to help you just now, nobody should have to cope with so little sleep. I really feel for you.

@Beaver79
    I hope your mouths ok once the numbness wears off. 

@Marydoll5
    Don’t beat yourself up you have been doing so well. I hope tomorrow’s appointments go well.

❤️

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,983 Online Community Coordinator
    That's a shame @Ada, but better safe than sorry. I hope things start feeling better soon whatever you decide to do next. I'm not around tomorrow but I'll be here Thursday :)
  • Sandy_123
    I hate the injections in the gums too makes my eyes water thinking about it @Beaver79
    Chill time now @Lou67
    @ada hopefully you do manage to get some sleep somehow

I've took the decision to cancel my gardener today. I hated telling him, but to be honest he only mows the lawns. If he did weeding I would of kept him. I just don't see the point of him skimming the lawns twice a month and leaving me with all the weeds. My son is ordering a mower today, as I gave mine away on free cycle as I had a gardener. 
    I'm going to order some weed killer off amazon or go in home bargains and pick some up. What's the best one?
  • Lou67

@Sandy_123
    Yes just relaxing now Sandy.
    It’s defo a pity he didn’t do the weeding for you, so I think your doing the best thing doing it yourself with the help off your son.
  • Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 561 Championing
    @Ada our messages must have come in at same time.  I really hope that you don't have to go months like this. Get that gp again if it's no better in a few days as I'm worried about how you are supposed to survive on so little sleep. 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    @ada I hope you manage to get through this hard period and that it's worth it in the end :( 

I have had to change meds lots of times over 15 years because none of the ones the doctors tried worked until we finally settled with the ones I am currently on which help fairly significantly

They did the same with me most times, I had to completely come off one, and in many instances had to have some time with nothing, before starting the new one :( 

It's a right pain I agree
  • Sandy_123
    Yeah no point having him @Lou67 I mean it was nice after he has been. I'm looking at long handle weed pullers so I can help
  • 66Mustang
    @Sandy_123

I think you did the right thing, but could you not ask him to do the weeding as well?

I don't like to disrespect tradespeople but cutting the grass doesn't really constitute a gardener to me, when I was little people would pay a child 50p to do it lol
  • Sandy_123
    You would be hard pushed to find one that does weeding now @66Mustang every one I've had wouldn't do it. I'm looking at weed tools to make it easier. 
  • 66Mustang
    @Sandy_123

It's a shame you don't live near us, my brother is a gardener/tree surgeon and they are expected to do all sorts here, sounds like working for you would be nice cushty work for him even if you did make him do the weeds!!

There is a really rough town about half an hour away from here and some of the worse jobs he has done involved picking up used needles used by drug abusers before being able to start work :( 
  • Sandy_123
    Does he travel @66Mustang lol I don't have any needles tho 
  • Lou67

@Ada
    Yes I sure am  😊
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,430 Championing
    The sun appeared for a couple of hours this afternoon @Ada,but it's been blowing a gale since about 2 o'clock.
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 845 Championing
    @Ada really hope you manage to sleep more tonight, not been able to sleep is torture and bad for your mental health. Its so sad to see you couldn't get any medication to help, hopefully you manage to get your GP to give you some soon. Wishing you all the best.
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 845 Championing
    Ada said:
    Thanks @rubin16 But can’t have anything for a while. 
    But more importantly how are you 

I'm doing okay again now, my pain has fully subsided and gone away and I'm managing to eat normal meals again just not soup so I think my crohn's has got better again. I don't know why I was suddenly ill last week but just think coming off steroids made everything flare for abit. Thanks for asking though.

I still feel slightly exhausted though daily, and keep wanting to go for a nap in the afternoon. I'm trying to not nap and try stay awake but its so hard sometimes. Wish I could give you some of my sleepyness so you manage to sleep more :)

I'm meeting my nan for lunch tomorrow and then hopefully going to try brave the barbers and get my hair cut, its annoying me now and becoming too long. I hate having long hair as mine when it gets abit long starts going curly abit and looks a mess I just hate having my hair cut though so will put it off till the last minute.

Have a good night everyone.
  • 66Mustang
    I just had a spam email

It offered me to join an elite brotherhood of business leaders, artists and politicians and as a joining bonus I receive 1 million dollars

How can I say no to that???