Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

How is your day going?

Options

Comments

• Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 3,178 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi @66Mustang , I'm alright thank you 😊. How are you ☺️?

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,266 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 19
    Options

@66Mustang

Glad your weathers lovely and you had a good walk with the dog. Yes it does make you wonder, maybe they dogs just go on short walks when the weather isn’t as good. Enjoy the rest of your day.

@Beaver79
    Aww glad you’re good yes sunshine is the best medicine I think. I’m feeling fine thanks it’s overcast here not sure if it’ll brighten up, i think it’s a day in for me catch up with a bit off housework. I have a slight headache so going to take a couple of paracetamol and make a cuppa.

❤️

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,825 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Strawberry1 I'm actually quite a bit better today. I was feeling quite bad yesterday, tearful and helpless (not because of Scope being down in case anyone wonders). I went for a drive with my Dad and am a little ashamed to say I didn't drive too well because I was feeling bad, but I needed to get out. I felt better after the drive though and am all right today. I'm glad you're OK today 😄

• Strawberry1
    Options

Sorry to hear how things were for you yesterday @66Mustang . I can empathise with you . My heart goes out to you . I'm glad you did the drive though. Really good to hear your feeling better today . I hope today is good to you . Take good care of yourself.

• 66Mustang
    Options

Thanks @Strawberry1 you are really kind 🙂 I hope today is a good one for you as well and maybe enjoy the weather 😊

• Strawberry1
    Options

Thank you @66Mustang 😊. Your very very welcome.

• Strawberry1
    Options

Hope today is good to everyone 🙏.

• Strawberry1
    Options

Please please please please take care of yourselves everyone and please please please be kind to yourselves too everyone 💜 💖 💕 💗 🙏.

• 66Mustang
    Options

How would other people deal with an uninvited guest?

Our "grumpy" relative seems to have just invited herself over to our house

I don't want to give the wrong impression, we do try to be really hospitable, but this relative is very demanding to say the least. Furthermore she likes to be the centre of attention, so she expects everyone to drop what they are doing and focus on her

If it was anyone else just popping over it would be fine

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 446 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi everyone

It's great the site is working again. It wouldn't load for me after 1230 yesterday. @Grinchy that's a lot of seizures so that's good you are seeing your doctor. I'm sorry you went through all that. The mens health group sounds good.

@Strawberry1 hi to you too.

I'll not tag everyone else but enjoy your afternoon. It's actually sunny here too. My partner has been walking with an aid and just needs a scan then home. He's doing brilliant. You wouldn't know he's had major surgery.

• Amberpearl
    Amberpearl Community member Posts: 1,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Good afternoon all

Miserable here cold too 12 degrees

• Strawberry1
    Options
  • Strawberry1
    Options

@66Mustang , sorry to hear about what's occurring. I would feel very uncomfortable with the situation you are in . I would myself be hospitable but it would probably grind me down .

• 66Mustang
    Options

I was just getting a bowl of ice cream to eat and making a coffee at the same time

I wondered what would happen if you put ice cream in coffee, as it's just cream really

So I tried it and I will let you know how it is 🤣

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,302 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@grinchy that's a lot to have in one go hope you get in the drs

Great news @marydoll5

@llou67 all gone now peace for me

it's roasting here

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

I hope yous are enjoying the sunshine the sun has came out here now. I hope Ada has found something to occupy herself as I know she’s lost with not getting on here.

@66Mustang
    Glad you’re feeling better today, I hope your relative is in a decent mood if they aren’t you can say you don’t feel to well and you’ll have to go and lie down. Yes let’s know how the coffee and ice cream tastes lol

@Marydoll5
    Aww I’m so pleased your partner is doing well, it’s amazing how quickly we can recover after surgery. I hope you’re looking after yourself too.

@Sandy_123
    Oh enjoy the peace now maybe in the garden with a coffee.
    It’s brightened right up here.

❤️

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 446 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Thanks everyone!

@Ada still can only read posts and is understandably upset. Tagging didn't work for me but it is now. She will at least see posts if you tag her now.

@Lou67 @Beaver79 and @Sandy_123 I'm struggling a bit. I feel the quiet in the house strange so put music on. All I've done is sleep and not much else. I'm going to the hospital soon to see my partner.

Its not letting me tag you @strawberry but hope you had a nice day. @66Mustang let me know how the ice cream experiment works out.

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,302 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi @Marydoll5 sometimes I leave telly on for back ground noise. I hope you feel less tired soon

• sprinkly
    sprinkly Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options

Well hellzbellz thats OK then , yes it's a mobile device, I will try on my laptop

• 66Mustang
    Options

@Marydoll5

I sometimes feel weird being home alone as well but usually there’s at least the family dog these days

There are some benefits I find so maybe enjoy those while you can like playing music and stuff without upsetting anyone but I agree with you I don’t like being alone. I much prefer having people with me which is maybe weird for someone with autism 🤣 but I do prefer a smaller amount of people like 1-2 rather than a big party

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.