Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

How is your day going?

Options

Comments

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@66Mustang
    I hope you sleep well.

@Grinchy
    Aww I’m so pleased you enjoyed the men’s group and you’ll be going back.

Goodnight everyone ❤️

• talis
    talis Community member Posts: 221 Pioneering
    Options
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,000 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,478 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Morning all. It sounds like everyone had a good night? 😁

Another day hiding from the builders, but I did have a pigeon friend sit on my hand, so that's put me in a good mood for the day. ❤️

Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 446 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Good morning Scopicles

I actually slept 6 hours uninterrupted last night so I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed 😊

@Grinchy that's brilliant the mens club went well. Takes courage to try new things

• Lou67
    Options

Morning all I hope yous have a good day. Nice and sunny here just now.
    My son in laws in painting my living room he’s doing my kitchen tomorrow my hall on Thursday, it’s been a long time coming since my walls and ceilings got black marks from the from the loft.
    So I’m sitting in my room it looks like a stall from a market in here with a lot crammed in from my living room lol

❤️

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,825 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi everyone!!!!!

@Grinchy I'm glad you have a group you can go to for support and friendship and stuff

Maybe this needs a separate new discussion topic but going to a mens group made me think … it would be nice if there was something like that for me but I don't find I can fit into a category

I don't associate really with most other men when it comes to "men's" stuff

But I would feel the same in a group for women (if I was even allowed in)

I even don't associate with men who question their gender, I can say this from experience because I've been to a gender clinic and most are sure that they are women and wear female clothes and paint their nails and stuff … I'm happy if others are happy but not for me

I even tried to find a group for non-binary people but I found I didn't fit in well there, can't really explain why, they were nice people just no one I could relate to

There doesn't seem to be a group … for people who don't fit into a group 😆

• Lou67
    Options

I’m not sure what’s wrong when I’m trying to tag Ada and Beaver79 it’s not coming up so I can click on their names but can do everyone else.

@Ada
    Hi I hope you had a few hours sleep please remember your thought a lot off and we are all missing you a lot.

@Beaver79
    Hi sorry I just saw that your X-rays results were all good that’s great news I hope your bloods come back the same.

@Teigr
    Hiya I hope your enjoying the benefits off your lounge being all finished.

@Albus_Scope
    Aww how cute a little friend to keep you company earlier 😊

@Marydoll5
    Aww great news you had a decent sleep it definitely helps.

❤️

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,179 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Morning everyone! 😊 I won't tag you all but I hope you're all having a good day so far!

Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 446 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Lou67 I'm finding it won't tag some people too and sometimes if I hit like it rolls back to a previous post!

Big news is my partners coming home today 😁!!!

@66Mustang you always make me smile thank you. The fact you have tried different groups is awesome.

• 66Mustang
    Options

Thanks @Marydoll5 I'm really glad there is a person who got my post and what I was tying to say and so glad I made you smile 😊

I hope you're good today!!!! That's great news about your partner coming home!!!!!!! 😁😁😄

• Lou67
    edited May 21
    Options

@66Mustang
    I think we posted at the same time again lol all I can say about you fitting into groups is that you fit into this group amazingly 😊

@Marydoll5
    Aww fantastic news your partners coming home 🥳 I’m so pleased for you both.
    Thanks for letting me know about the tagging there mustangs didn’t tag I’m sure it’ll all sort itself out.

@Rosie_Scope
    Morning lovely to have you with us today.

❤️

• 66Mustang
    Options

Thanks @Lou67 that's so kind, it does feel like home on this group 😊

How many more times will we post at exactly the same time 😆

I hope you're OK today

• Lou67
    edited May 21
    Options

@66Mustang
    That was a good way off putting what this group feels like as I also feel like that and consider yous my friends.
    I’m doing ok thanks happy to be getting my house painted at long last. I’m sitting in my bedroom just now my daughter is coming to take me out for a coffee and probably drop In and see my mum.
    I hope you enjoy your day.

❤️

• 66Mustang
    Options

@Lou67

That sounds like a good day, are you going out while it's painted? Then you'll get home to a new looking house 😃

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,901 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

How did you get them brave enough with you that they'd sit on you?!?!?! I wouldn't like it but also very impressed!! The birds round here fly away if you even go near the window let alone be outside 😁

@66Mustang, remember that's just the stereotypes of men / women, they'll be plenty of both at groups that don't fit the expected 'norms' ❤️ Maybe a neurodiversity type group would be ideal?? Online at least they seem very accepting of everyone and will be able to relate to some of your experiences and feelings!! Or a group related to some of your interests??

Morning @Teigr, @Lou67, @Beaver79, @Marydoll5, @Rosie_Scope and everyone else!!

I lost all my sun and it's rainy and cloudy here today!! I have a doctor appointment for late this afternoon which is meant to be in person so I feel like I'm on edge waiting ahhhhhhhhh

• Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 3,178 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Just popped in to say Hello 👋 ☺️ to everyone. Hope whatever you have to deal with today everything runs as smoothly as possible. Take care of yourselves everyone and remember to be kind to yourselves too . Not sure what I'm doing today 🤔.

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,901 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi @Strawberry1!!! that's such a kind post! ❤️ I don't know what I'm doing today either, meant to go to the doctor this afternoon but the waiting is freaking me out a bit!

• 66Mustang
    Options

Good luck at the doctor @Biblioklept I REALLY hope you manage to go as it should help you a lot

• Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 3,178 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @Biblioklept , your welcome. Yes waiting to go to appointments is very stressful. I can empathise with you . I hope if you attend everything goes reasonably OK. Take care. Fingers crossed for you .

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.