Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

How is your day going?

Options

Comments

• HaileyDanielle
    HaileyDanielle Community member Posts: 46 Pioneering
    Options

Finally finding a salon that welcomed me in yesterday.Previous one I went to changed hands and told me not to come back.This one,allows mtf crossdressers and transgender women in with open arms.Had my long hair trimmed and a couple permanent hair extensions put in.Also know LGBTQ pride month is next month

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,825 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@HaileyDanielle

I can't understand the discrimination, even from a pure economics point of view

Women are charged more for haircuts than men and in a way they are basically refusing to accept somebody who, to put it bluntly, wants to pay more

I saw a unisex hair salon a few days ago and my Mum said she goes to one and they still charge more for a lady's haircut than a man, even if takes the same time. I asked what if someone asks for exactly the same cut but says they identify as male

No offence meant by any of this, I'm saying this as someone who has had issues with gender in the past and who considers themself part of the non-gender-typical community

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,478 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Really glad you found somewhere @HaileyDanielle that's brilliant. I bet you feel so much better after a trim?

I'll be making a few posts for Pride month next month, so keep your eyes out!

Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 446 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi everyone from a dry day at last!

@Lou67 that's brilliant what your son and daughter are doing and what a good cause

@66Mustang it looks from the photo you have lovely walks

@Albus_Scope sorry to hear you have been unwell

@Ada 👋 have you got the new phone?

I'm having a washing clothes day and a quiet one as Mr is having a lot of pain where they operated. Maybe it's bruising as he was told to expect this recovering. I'm glad I got new super supportive pillows.

Have a good afternoon Scopicles 😊

• 66Mustang
    Options

Hi @Marydoll5

I hope you're good. Mr. Marydoll is lucky to have you looking after him!!!! Hopefully his pain doesn't last too long

Yes I love where we go for walks, we live in a town but we are really fortunate to have countryside like 10 mins away on foot🙂

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,266 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 25
    Options

Hey everyone I’m just off out a walk up to my mums al catch yous later.

@Albus_Scope
    I’m sorry you aren’t feeling good hope you feel better soon.

@66Mustang

Aww I love your photo it’s beautiful. Thank you yes we are still posting at the same time 😂

@Marydoll5
    Aww thank you, and I hope your partners pain eases soon take care.

❤️

• 66Mustang
    Options

Hello @Ada !!!!! 😁😁

Is your phone coming soon????

Hopefully we see you back on here "full time" soon 😆

I hope you and Mr and Betty are OK

• Albus_Scope
    Options

Thanks @Ada I hope you're doing ok!

Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,302 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Welcome back @ada

@marydoll5 hope the pain goes away for hubby soon

Im just waiting for the grandkids to arrive

• Albus_Scope
    Options

You'll be caught up in no time I'm sure. 😁

The dudes (as we call our three) are really not impressed with the builders and I'm sure they'll need throat sweets soon for all the barking they're doing! It's not very restful here. 😆

Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
  • Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 446 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Ada that's brilliant you have a phone now you've been missed.

Thanks everyone for thinking of Mr. It's something we were warned about as a result of the operation pain, headaches and extreme fatigue. It's just really kicked in today.

@HaileyDanielle pleased to meet you! I am glad you got a hairdresser and in this day it beggars belief people would refuse to take your custom. Their loss.

• Albus_Scope
    Options

I'm hoping everything calms down for Mr Doll soon, the body really takes a while to recover from operations. But he's got a great person looking after him. :)

Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hey everyone I had a lovely visit with my mum and one off my sisters was in it was nice to see her to, I walked home the sun was out and really warm.
    There was a big football game on it’s just finished loads of fireworks going off but for a change I don’t mind. 😊

@Marydoll
    I really hope he feels a bit better soon. Mind look after yourself to.

@Ada
    Lovely to have you back full time.

@Sandy_123
    I hope you have a lovely time with your grandkids.

@Beaver79
    Thank you my daughter said she hopes it’s dry but cool as harder to run in the heat.

❤️

• loladale87
    loladale87 Community member Posts: 41 Pioneering
    Options

Hey, sorry ive been awol I've been recovering from my visit to Swansea on Monday.

I haven't had a chance to read back, hope you're all okay

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,302 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

morning @Ada and

• Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,000 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Morning all.

Swansea's a bit of a sore subject in our house @loladale87 .

• 66Mustang
    Options

Good morning everyone

I hope you are good today? 😊

It feels like Saturday today, knowing that we have tomorrow off as well

Then again I have every day off 🙄 but it's nice when everyone else is off too 😆

• talis
    talis Community member Posts: 221 Pioneering
    Options

morning my lovely friend s have a great day

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.