Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

How is your day going?

Options

Comments

• Amberpearl
    Amberpearl Community member Posts: 1,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,795 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Sandy_123 good luck for your blood test. I would be interested to have a blood test myself because I last had one when I was drinking a lot and I want to see if it's much better now, but I don't think you can just have a test just out of curiosity unless you pay for a private one 😂

• Amberpearl
    Options
  • Amberpearl
    Options
  • Amberpearl
    Options
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,179 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

That's understandable @Amberpearl, we'd all be totally devastated in the same circumstances, it's horrible losing one beloved pet let alone two. Cancer and illness can be so cruel, but we all know that you did all you could to give them the best life, and I'm sure they appreciated it. Take it easy today ❤️

Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • 66Mustang
    edited June 6
    Options

My Mum just got back, she had to pay £6 to park at the airport for 4 mins

I thought it was crazy when my Dad parked in London for work and the parking space earnt more per hour than he was earning

But an airport parking space earns more than like a doctor 🙄

• Rosie_Scope
    Options

That's extortionate @66Mustang! I think they're probably trying to put people off by charging so much, but they must make a fortune!

Rosie (she/her)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
    Options

@Rosie_Scope I don't really know why they'd need to put people off though as it's not congested or anything and how else can people get to the airport when it's in the middle of nowhere 🤔 unless they are trying to get people to drive themselves and park their car at the airport because that earns them even more money!

• Rosie_Scope
    Options

That could be it @66Mustang, I bet money comes into it somewhere at least. I think I did read somewhere that some airports were trying to reduce traffic congestion and encourage people to come by public transport. But if the public transport isn't running or there's another reason you can't use public transport, you get stuck paying their drop off charges. Not cheap!

Rosie (she/her)

• 66Mustang
    Options

@Rosie_Scope I don't have a lot of experience with public transport but can you take like 5 suitcases on a train or bus?? I thought you had to just manage with what you can carry, but I might be way off there

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,464 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

That's pretty much how it goes @66Mustang you can only take on what you can carry. Then you have to suffer from all the side eyes and tutting if you take up too much space with your luggage. 😅

But yes, airports are trying to find more eco friendly ways of getting people to the airport, so trains, busses etc, but they're not doing a great job of it so far!

Albus (he/him)

Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Options

@66Mustang some people still do take more than they can carry though, especially in London. I use the Elizabeth Line a fair bit which goes to Heathrow Airport and you do see people juggling multiple bulky suitcases on and off the trains. Once you get off the train at Heathrow they have luggage trolleys to use pretty close to the platforms so people with too many suitcases to wheel can pile them up. But there is a bit of Good British tutting involved if you're blocking the aisles or doors 😁

Some people use coaches as well which I suppose takes the faff out of bus travel on your average bus and you can pay for extra luggage space if you need it.

Rosie (she/her)

• 66Mustang
    Options

It seems like you can't win!

If you drive you get tutted at by environmentalists

If you use public transport you get tutted at by the other passengers

😂

I'm glad I travel "light" when I go travelling!!! 😁

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,212 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@66Mustang you could ask for one to check I'm sure they'll put you in for 1, the nurse told me that our practice has the highest amount of bloods done then added the drs get paid for each test. I was like 😲 lol. Sorry only just seen your post now

• Sandy_123
    Options

@amberpearl so devastating for you, you tried your best for all your cats. They had the best life with you.

I've been busy today, had a plumber here this afternoon putting new taps on the sink. The others were getting hard to turn. I'm trying not to fall asleep now.

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,252 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi everyone I hope yous are all doing well, and enjoy your night.
    I’ve been a bit busy today I’m just going for a bath then relax a bit.

@Amberpearl
    Look after yourself you’re going through a tough time.

@Sandy_123
    You’ve had a busy day take it easy now and good luck with your blood results.

@66Mustang
    Hi I hope you’re good. I was reading your post about your mum paying £6 for minutes, the airports prices are getting really bad, on return from my last holiday my daughter came to pick me and my mum up it was her first time picking up from the airport.
    She went to the short stay area as she didn’t know about any other area at the time. Our cases took ages to come out and by the time we got out she had sat for under an hour at the barrier I gave her my card to pay we were shocked I was charged £50 I couldn’t believe it 🤦‍♀️.
    We have since found out there is a long stay area she could have been in but hindsight is a great thing.

❤️

• Sandy_123
    Options

gosh @Lou67 that was a sting

Yeah chil time for me now to just put bins out ready for the bin men

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 446 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Beaver79 I'm good thanks. Had another busy day decluttering. Am exhausted but happy now.

Mr got the plastic mini greenhouse assembled and its a lot sturdier than I expected. Seedling and bulb planting tomorrow weather permitting.

@Sandy_123 I'm awful to get blood out of... small veins that run deep. They always say that they will take it from the back of my hand but no....its so sore and bruises really badly.

The only thing that helps is taking loads of fluids before the appointment to plump the veins up.

Have a good evening everyone 😊

• Sandy_123
    Options

Sorry to read that @Marydoll5 about the difficulty you have having bloods done. Back of the hand sounds ideal tho

Good that your getting along with the sorting out

Be nice having flowers etc when they are ready

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.