How is your day going?

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,134 Championing

Dont give the drs that idea @Beaver79 they'll start using them for referrals. Actually if your too big to fit in the MRI scanner they send people to Dudley zoo to use animal scanner lol.

Well done @Lou67

@Albus_Scope I think I'll pass lol

• Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,420 Championing
  • Teigr

Our dog's had a few ear infections @Beaver79 ,all caused by attacking the hosepipe.

We keep her in the house now when we're cleaning the pond.

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,622 Championing
    edited June 26

@Ada
    You would be eligible to use the PDSA because your on benefits. It’s worth looking into.

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 843 Championing

Thanks @Ada and @Beaver79. I'm thinking of getting a cat to keep me company but just weighing costs for now.

• Teigr

We have to pay the first £250.00 on Scout's insurance @Ada,none of her mishaps have cost more than £75.00 so far.

• rubin16

I need to ask my landlord first if I'm allowed a cat, but my neighbour has a cat and my other neighbour a dog so don't see an issue with it. But i'm weighing things out like costs of things such as insurance, food and toys and things, I'm also worried about them scratching my furniture at first so will have to buy plenty of scratch mats/posts and train them. Theres also the debate of letting them outside and training them to come back which I'm not sure how to do and getting them chipped and neutured.

I would love a pet though I think it would do me a world of good if I had someone to look after and take care of instead of just myself all the time.

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,343 Championing

I hope you feel better quick @Sandy_123, photo of tonsils is a new one on me!!! Good luck with that 🤣 I really hope whatever happens at the election the NHS gets fixed quickly, as it's so bad at the moment

Thanks @Lou67, I'm definitely going bright!! Just need to decide on a colour. I'm so indecisive!! I can see so many I like. I suppose it's a good problem to have though!!

@rubin16, I've been looking at getting a cat too! My only issue is getting out to actually collect one and the worry if whether I'd be able to take it to the vet should it get poorly because I can't reliably do that even for myself 😑 I have the same worries about whether I'd have it be a house cat or not too! Have you had your sandwich yet? ❤️

• Sandy_123

Thanks @Biblioklept I'm going to make a soup with the left over chicken I have to ack in the veggies and herbs

• Biblioklept

Good idea, I always find a bit of spice really helps when my throat is bad or I'm getting ill, so go to town with those herbs!! ❤️

• rubin16

I had the sandwich like an hour ago, but had to force myself to eat it in the end. I do generally feel like its just the heat putting me off eating as I feel well other than that.

• Biblioklept

❤️ I'm glad @rubin16!!!

Have you been up to much today?

I was just in my garden for a bit and had the crazy idea to paint all my fence panels. But they are very splintery so not sure if I need to do anything to them first? Feel like doing them like a rainbow, each plank a different colour!

• rubin16

Not done much today to be honest. I had my step dad round earlier and just been doing laundry and other bits but other than that nothing planned today. Its just too hot today even in my cool flat its warm.

@Biblioklept Having a rainbow coloured fence sounds fun, I'm not very good at DIY but maybe if they were sanded abit they might not be as splintery.

• Sandy_123

Sounds colourful, @Biblioklept

I haven't done a lot either @rubin16

• Biblioklept

Do you see your step father often @rubin16? The idea of sanding or anything else puts me off massively! I think it was a random impulse, I'm glad I didn't order the paint 🤣

• Biblioklept

Colourful but probably a bit crazy and a lot more work than I first thought @Sandy_123!!

• Sandy_123

Would of looked nice tho @Biblioklept

• rubin16

Yeah I see him twice a week, I say step dad to make it easier for people to understand but I call him dad and he pretty much claimed me as his son when my actual dad wasn't on the scene. My sister is my step dads daughter. I only really got to know and be around my real dad since I was 12.

• Biblioklept

True @Sandy_123! Do you have anyone looking after you today? I hope it's a doctor that calls you tomorrow

Families are complicated @rubin16, I do the same when talking about my step mum too, although she wasn't great she was my mum to me, but I use step mum so people see the relation.

How old is your sister? Do you see her much? ❤️

• Sandy_123

No @Biblioklept I'm just doing as less as possible sat in the shade and came in was too hot