How is your day going? - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How is your day going?

Options

Comments

• Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 3,537 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My new slippers are being delivered this afternoon @66Mustang.

Tea and toast for everyone!!
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,894 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Biblioklept I ordered some bits from a Japanese grocery store :yum:

Nice, @Teigr :smiley:
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,698 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't think I've ever tried any Japanese food what's your favourite?

I love the idea of slippers @Teigr but never actually wear them as I hate things on my feet :D 
  • Teigr
    Options
    They're slipper boots @Biblioklept,I can't wear 'normal' slippers.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,698 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Teigr said:
    They're slipper boots @Biblioklept,I can't wear 'normal' slippers.
    Slipper boots sound nice! I find my feet just get too hot and it starts to annoy me
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    I don't think I've ever tried any Japanese food what's your favourite?

I love the idea of slippers @Teigr but never actually wear them as I hate things on my feet :D 

I think I will have to say sushi which is a bit unimaginative :D I tend to love all of their food though! I haven't found any Japanese food I don't like yet!!! That said there is apparently a rare sushi thats very expensive made from rotten fermented fish, don't think I would want to try that... :D

If I remember right I think you said you are quite nervous about trying more different exotic foods? I have never tried but there is a restaurant/takeaway chain called Wagamama which I think is Japanese inspired but tailored to the western palate which maybe would be a gentle introduction to Japanese food, but not totally sure as never tried it.
  • Teigr
    Options
    I'm wearing thermal tights,slipper socks and my smelly old slipper boots today @Biblioklept
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,874 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Afternoon all enjoy your treats @66Mustang
    I love slippers @Teigr
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    Afternoon @Sandy_123 how are you doing this afternoon?
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Ok @66Mustang was just on video with my daughter. Getting cold now got heating on auto but it doesn't think its cold enough to come on
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,464 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi everyone I hope yous are enjoying your day, the chats been busy which is great to see.
    I had a great visit they all left about 10 minutes ago so I’m having a cuppa in peace lol 

@66Mustang
    I hope you’re feeling a bit better today, enjoy your treats you deserve a nice treat.

@Biblioklept
    Oh well done resisting the toast, I used to eat quite a lot of bread every day, but cut the past couple off months I still have 2 slice in the morning. I probably shouldn’t 🙄
    Yes the temperature has risen it’s 0 degrees now so much better than this morning. 
    I hope you’re keeping well.

❤️
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,286 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Enjoy your treats @66Mustang Take care.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    It's lovely to get peace after visitors @Lou67 _6 going down to here tonight 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,464 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Sandy_123
    Hi Sandy I hope your good. 
    Oh you could here a pin drop in here just now, I couldn’t hear myself think earlier 😂

Oh it’s going to be the same here through the night Sandy. 
    I went to buy an electric blanket from Aldi yesterday I phoned my mum to ask if she wanted one, she sd she had 2 in the cupboard I could have one, my daughter was in my mums and brought it down last night.
     Oh it was amazing and definitely helped the pains in my legs.  

❤️
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 15,079 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,412 Scope online community team
    Options
    Afternoon @Ada and everyone else! Hope you're all managing to stay cosy <3

The shouty fox is back at it in our garden, he really does sound like a chicken sometimes, makes some really strange noises! I've heard foxes that sound like people screaming, but I've never heard one that sounds like a chicken. So weird.
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 15,079 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I adore seeing the wildlife.
    we fortunately live on a private lane only four houses and very quiet.  
    We use to have a Fox come right up to our door. Feed of my hand. But it just stopped coming. Hoping it didn’t die. Now I have the hedgehogs to look forward to. I make them safe places to go to eat. 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,412 Scope online community team
    Options
    That's lovely @Ada! My mum lives in the countryside and looks after hedgehogs for a local rescue. She has three at the moment, she feeds them up until they're fat enough to survive and then they get released back to wherever they came from. They're so sweet.

I live in a city so foxes, squirrels and rats are usually the only visitors we get in our garden. Still cute though!
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
  • Sandy_123
    edited January 17
    Options
    Evening @ada hope your ok sorry for late reply was tidying around. I have a long standing rule in my house, who ever is cleaning and finds money they keep it regardless, my total so far is 2 pound 55p lol. Bus fair nice 1. 

That saved you buying one @Lou67 good that it works

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.