How is your day going?

Comments

• Hilbil
    Hilbil Community member Posts: 14 Contributor
    Good evening everyone. Very cold and windy here in Silverstone and it has just started to rain, which according to the weather forecast is set for the night!!!! Re thinking tea tonight as my oven blew a fuse yesterday!  Another Job for Hubby! What's people having for their tea/dinner tonight?

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    @Hilbil

Silverstone? Is that near the race track? Lucky you!! :smiley: or maybe you don't see it that way, with all the noise :D
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,905 Championing
    Good evening all <3

Wow! A new 'how is your day going? thread' and you're not far off the triple digit number in pages!

I do hope everyone has been keeping well? 
  • Hilbil
    Hilbil Community member Posts: 14 Contributor
    Silverstone is great. I am about 15mins  walk from the circuit. Don't  get up there much these days, but as residents we do get free tickets for the Historic or Classic races. Sadly not the F1 GP though!! When that's on it is like a festival in the village, great fun. Love the noise as well!!!
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,629 Championing

@Sandy_123
    Oh glad you got some steroids hopefully they do the trick.

@Ada
    Hi yes glad to get things sorted thanks. 

@Marydoll5
    Thanks yes dying for a bath, I hope your husband got on well at the hospital yesterday.

@Teigr
    Oh once your out you’ll enjoy it.

@Hilbil
    Hi nice to see you posting, I hope you get your cooker sorted soon.

@66Mustang
    Hi I hope your doing good today.

❤️

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,905 Championing
    Hello @Beaver79

Was much needed thank you. Are you well? 
  • Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 569 Championing
    @Lou67 thanks for asking. We still don't have a date for surgery but we're told things are moving along!

I got the consultant to promise to chase it up. They are going to do another brain scan with dye to see if clots have lessened after 6 months on high dose blood thinner injections. A district nurse comes to do them every morning. It's a brilliant service. 

I have waterproof leg covers from being bandaged for a month. I could post them to you only no personal information can go on this quite rightly. 
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 4,447 Championing
    We've decided to stay home @Lou67,it's chucking it down and blowing a gale and Mr Teigr's mum isn't very steady on her feet.

We'll try again tomorrow.
  • Lou67

@Teigr
    Aww yous are better doing that yous would have ended up a bit wet and then sitting uncomfortable eating your meal.

@Marydoll5
    Oh I will keep yous in my prayers and hope everything goes well for yous. 
    You have just remembered me I have to do my blood thinner injection the nurse just showed me how to do it while I was in hospital, I think I have about 4 more days to go then I will be finished.
    Aww that was a nice to think off me with the waterproof covers. I think I will msg the nurse or doctor tomorrow and ask if I buy them is it ok to use them and have a bath. 
    The nurse was adamant i couldn’t take a bath tho. 

❤️
  • Teigr
    Ours is chronic in all weathers @Ada
  • Teigr
    You're too kind @Ada.

Would you like some prunes?
  • Lou67
    edited February 6

@Beaver79
    Hi yes that’s exactly what I’ve been told about the bath, but I was allowed in the shower in hospital there was a chair to sit on.
    I have got my bath chair that I just kept up sat on it and brought the shower hose down to wash myself, I  had to trying keep the water from directly hitting the plaster.
     It was quite uncomfortable but at least I got a wash, well half a wash. 😂
  • Lou67

@Ada
    Hi how are you doing tonight ❤️
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,402 Championing
    Evening, I had a nap unusual for me. Hope everyone is OK 
  • Teigr
    edited February 6
    How is it still only Tuesday?
  • Teigr
    Are you still looking for a bed @Ada?

I'm sleeping on a broken one at the moment,every time I move it sounds like the Titanic breaking up.
  • Lou67

@Sandy_123
    You must’ve needed it Sandy, I’m ok thanks.

❤️
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,402 Championing
    Yeah @Lou67
    Our snow forecast keeps changing, it is now snow  and rain  for Wednesday night. I don't think they know 
  • Lou67
    Sandy_123 said:
    Yeah @Lou67
    Our snow forecast keeps changing, it is now snow  and rain  for Wednesday night. I don't think they know 
    Hi Sandy I’ve just checked it’s saying we have a snow and ice warning in place overnight.
    So it’s confused up here to lol 
  • Lou67

Goodnight everyone I hope yous all sleep well. ❤️