Clothing for Children Disability Research

themrivar
themrivar Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited August 10 in Families and carers

Hi fellow community members! I’m a PHD student researching the lack of choice for children’s clothing for those with disabilities. My little brother had CP and we had a nightmare buying right fitting clothes for him. Hoping to shine a light on the issues our community faces.

Would you be so kind as to share your child’s disability and a few sentences explaining the main problems you face when buying clothing for them when online shopping? Thank you so much for your input and I’m tremendously grateful for any feedback!

Comments

• dannistar
    dannistar Community member Posts: 234 Contributor

My younger son has cp , we had trouble finding clothes that would stretch enough to get over his head & get his arms in tops and jumpers without hurting him that didn’t look too baggy, online you can’t see how much they would stretch etc.

My youngest daughter is autistic and adhd and finds a lot of clothes uncomfy so unless you can feel the item you can’t see if it’ll be ok for her sensitivities & sensory needs.

My older son (29) has a feeding tube in his tummy and finding clothes online that helps hide his tube and be comfy in the clothes without them rubbing against his tube is hard too.

• dannistar
    dannistar Community member Posts: 234 Contributor

Thank you 😊

• themrivar
    themrivar Community member Posts: 4 Listener

Thank you so much for replying and I really appreciate it @dannistar valuable feedback!