UC managed migration guide

Comments

• mason50
    mason50 Community member Posts: 61 Contributor

thank you for explaining it all . I’m going to call CAB and ask them for help with my glad . I live in a housing association property and I don’t even know where my tenancy is I might have to call them and ask for a copy

• mason50

How will they know how much I’ve been getting on ESA ? Do i need to tell UC this when I claim ?

• Catherine21
    Catherine21 Community member Posts: 1,021 Empowering

I'm housing association I called them they said uc contacts them so tenancy not needed I called back the day after to ask again and the lady said that uc definitely contacts them to confirm

• mason50

thank you for confirming this I really appreciate your help .

When you had to go with your ID is it just a quick check then you can leave ? And is it an appointment or do you just go there anytime to show your ID ?

• vikki66
    vikki66 Posts: 209 Connected

@mason50

That’s good you’ve got a housing association property - you can probably tell uc the details of it and they could ask for a copy. Private landlords are a different kettle of fish. Maybe your housing association even has somebody to help you make the claim - I guess if you ask in advance, and tell them you might need help when the time comes, they’ll be able to tell you if there’s somebody there whose job is helping tenants with benefits.

They know how much esa you're getting, don’t be worrying about things like that.

• mason50

thank you . I’m just worried they don’t process my claim properly and I get less money . I have untill 20th November to claim so I will do it around 8th November

• vikki66
    vikki66 Posts: 209 Connected

Good luck, try to keep well, and not worry unnecessarily, in the meantime.

• mason50

thank you .

• mason50

I was reading on the government website you can submit your ID and it will be processed by online identity verification, I’m guessing this is just for photo ID . Anyone done this and not had to be called in for ID check ?

• Andi66
    Andi66 Community member Posts: 258 Empowering

Why cant disabled bus passes be used ? They are used for ID for voting its ridiculous

• ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    ChrisSCOPEhtfc94 Community member Posts: 208 Empowering
    edited September 11

I’m the same @Andi66, I was hoping that Labour would intervene and change the timeline back to 2028/29 but obviously it wasn’t to be, the hope amounted to nothing for me and you @Andi66. I’m in absolutely no rush to move to a benefit that’s designed to pay a single monthly payment. The letters/migration notices 😳😳😱😱🤯🤯 are coming to people like me (ESA only claimaints) between now (September 2024) and December 2025. I absolutely pray that I’m one of those that won’t receive one in such a hurry. I love 💓 fortnightly payments on ESA - they’re like a good friend to me.

You wouldn’t believe how much I don’t endorse the single monthly payment structure. Luckily, there’s a thing called an Alternative Payment Arrangement that I can request and I’ll be doing this. I have autism and have absolutely no ability to budget monthly to satisfy the DWP. I would find it way too difficult to live off monthly. I should qualify for fortnightly payments because of the diagnosis of autism that I have. Alternative Payment Arrangements exist, letting me ask for the fortnightly payments to remain in place, but I know that the DWP would rather have as many claimants as possible moving over to settle for monthly payments. It was designed to reflect the world of work, where the majority of workers are paid monthly, and they want to encourage as many claimants as they possibly can to live off a monthly frequency. They won’t make me accept monthly pay. I honestly couldn’t care less @Andi66 that UC was made to reflect how the majority of workers in this country are paid on a monthly frequency. I won’t accept this in my life. Fortnightly is better for me, a payment every 14 or 15 days triumphs every single time over a monthly frequency. I’ve always liked this on ESA and I’ve been on that for 10+ years.

More money will be landing in my bank account on UC @Andi66 but I will categorically not accept a single monthly payment and be expected to learn budgeting skills that I’ve never had.

• Catherine21

I'm the same give me a million I'd spend in 6 months awful with money awful sick of it all

• ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    ChrisSCOPEhtfc94 Community member Posts: 208 Empowering
    edited September 11

Me and you are the same @Catherine21, we don’t have the skills to effectively manage money in our lives. It doesn’t matter how much better off I’m going to be on UC, if I don’t have the capability to accept a payment that’ll go into my bank just once per calendar month I just don’t. Frequency of payments are just as important as any amount of money received.

• Catherine21

I totally understand well they will see by my bank statements how I manage money even I don't know what I'm spending on ! I see something advertised I must have it i get obsessed I hold back for two days then bam I order everything

• Andi66

I don't think I be better off, once the transition period goes down due to rent increases etc . Why can't it include the extra disability element we are getting at the moment. I have esa and housing benefit, going to ask if mine can be paid directly to the housing association.

Also for you all to be aware its on the benefit and work site , that Labour have changed the WCA , that each region where you live has been assigned different companies, Wales and the Midlands which I am is Capita,

• Catherine21

What does that mean even tougher assessments rishi sunak doesn't have contracts with these ? Says has 750 million contract with dwp could be wrong

• Andi66

Each area of the country will have the different companies do the WCA for Pip , Esa etc depending where you live

• Catherine21

It's never ending we are being bombarded everyday

• Andi66

Yes I know, my mental health has gone down hill , since all this came out. First pip, now this hurried migration. I am dreading the budget to see what else that Rachel reeves is going to do, the letter I got from starmer before the election treating disabled with dignity is a load of ****. He couldn't care less. Look at what they are doing to the pensioners. My older sister and brother in law depends on that , especially both with ill health. I am scared that something might happened due to that

• Catherine21

In so sorry for your sister and brother in law yesterday crushed me thinking is this what's become of uk even tories didn't do that only last year of tories I ever felt threatened my emotions up and down also all we can do is sign as many pertitions my response from Stephen timms team didn't answer any question just how thier dedicated to reform disabled people's life's something like that soul destroying yesterday and what's going to happen 30th already beem told its bad so that means bad bad