Hi, my name is DaveDee933! Mobility Scooter speed

DaveDee933
DaveDee933 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 11 in Transport and travel

Came across this forum by chance when researching about Mobility scooters why theyare restricted to 8 mph in the UK, as usual government red tape dictating what we can and can't do. On long straight footpaths 4mph is boring.

Comments

• vikki66
    vikki66 Posts: 209 Connected

Hey, some of us couldn’t jump out of your way quick enough if you’re going to do more than 8mph🤣

A woman who lives near me must have modified hers, she’s a complete menace on the pavements.

• Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 1,059 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @DaveDee933 and welcome to the community. As @vikki66 said we might not be able to get out of the way if you're going so fast 😂 I understand the need for speed but we've got to consider other people on the path.

• DaveDee933

SHE who is a footpath Shoemaker should be warned such speeds are illegal and liable to presecution. After driving for over 7 decades I have only resorted to a scooty as a result of physical issues so am hyper aware of the dangers of speed so would not dream of endangering any pedestrian however there are old railway lines near me that have been converted to cycles routes and a meagre 4 mph on such is like watching paint dry. Shalom Dave.

• vikki66

@DaveDee933

lol 😂

• DaveDee933

I reckon there must be some contributer on this forum that anticipates Titus 2-13 with great anticipation -as do I - in light of major things happening world wide, how close do you think we are to this climatic event? SHALOM dd

• vikki66

I’ll admit I thought Titus was maybe like an ultra-super-comet or something, and had to look it up.

But I got another laugh at how thick I am

• egister
    egister Posts: 274 Empowering

Let me tell you a secret - mobility scooter and e-scooter have a brake and can slow down when necessary. If the scooter driver behaves like a kamikaze, he will run over you at any speed).