Hi, my name is carol16! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is carol16!

Options
carol16
carol16 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hello my name is Carol im from london im disabled and have various illnessess which i find very difficult to deal with i thought i would become a member of scope as i need help and advice 

Comments

• Jgeek
    Jgeek Community member Posts: 66 Connected
    Options
    Hey welcome,  Its not fun sometimes being disabled, I never used to talk about it but since I've started its helped Yes anything you want to share/ask we'll try to help or pass you on to who can :smile:
  • bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello@Carol1962 my name is Bam. How are you? When I do found out I was sick I was extremely lost and confused because I had no idea what to expect or anybody to talk to about it. I wish I knew about scope when I first got sick. There's a lot of great people on here to talk to about a wide variety of subjects that you can find in the category list. We are all basically going through the same things. I know you can find something interesting on here.
  • carol16
    Options
    Hey your right it isent much fun being disabled..i went for a work assesment in nov 16 i got a phone call from benefits on 22 dec 16 telling me they were stopping my esa with support benefit that day..as i scorced 0 points! I  was dumbfounded! I intend asking for a MR has anyone any advice regarding doing this any advice available woud be appreciated 
  • carol16
    Options
    Hello Bam im ok thanks
  • bam
    Options
    @carol16 you know they have a benefit adviser on here you can ask. You can find it in the category section. I know they could help you.
  • bam
    Options
    Hello @carol16 I don't know if you got my last message but I was telling you that they have a benefit adviser on here you can ask. I know they could definitely help you answer some questions. You can find them in the category section. They are really knowledgeable  and would really enjoy helping you.
  • bam
    Options
    LOL I'm sorry everybody for repeating my message. I'm still a little new at all this. Thanks for understanding and I hope you had a great holiday carol16
  • carol16
    Options
    Hey Bam ive just receuved your message thank you i will look that up as im starting things on monday for my MR and have to gather evidence of why i disagree with my work capability test they gave me thank you for your help have a good day
  • bam
    Options
    Good luck@carol16. You'll have to let me know how things went for you
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @carol16 welcome to the community!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.