Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is shazza1uk!
Hi I've just joined up, I'm 54 today & we've just had a laugh at me trying & failing to blow out the candles on my birthday cake because I don't have enough puff. I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome & a rare complication that is causing my diaphragm to fail & no one knows what to do to help on 12th of October I'm going to see another consultant who thinks using a c pap or bi pap machine might at least give me a better quality of life. I've spent most of the past 3yrs in bed so the internet is how I participate in the big wide world, so hello everyone how are you? x
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.