Pip Assessment report being inaccurate - Page 6 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Assessment report being inaccurate

Comments

• lynnoseman
    lynnoseman Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    ok ive sent them an email
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,905 Disability Gamechanger
    I reported the comment this morning and asked for the name to be removed. As it's Sunday there may not be mods available to remove the comment. You can edit your comments at the top of the box.

As for the PIP claim refusal. Were the forms filled out correctly with all the information about how his conditions affect him? Did you use at least 2-3 examples of what happened the last time he did that activity for the descriptors that apply to him?

Was his DLA file used as evidence? Did you also send evidence to support his claim, if so what evidence did you send? The evidence needs to state how his conditions affect him. A letter with a diagnosis isn't much use because it doesn't tell them anything. A letter from a GP isn't great either because GPs very often have no idea how our conditions affect us.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lynnoseman
    the form obviously not filled out correctly, i did it myself i thought i had done a good job but realise now that i was misinterpreting what was needed. i did ask them to use his DLA file but no idea if it was or not, how do i find out? what extra things can i get as evidence if a letter from the doctor isnt much use? thanks
  • poppy123456
    It should state on the decision letter what evidence was used to make the decision.

As he has mental health does he have a Social Worker? A care plan? Does he has appointments with anyone from the mental health team? Evidence needs to state how his conditions affect him, so any reports from social workers, a care plan? Supporting letter from yourself, like i advised previously on another comment. I really do think you need help going forward with this. Do a search of what's in your area, welfare rights or law centre would be helpful to you at this point.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • lynnoseman
    I do t think it said what evidence was used I’ll look
    again. He has a support worker and in the process of being re refrrred to the mental health team it’s been a very complex business getting him help again his doctor doesn’t really know him I’m not sure if I can ask my doctor who was his doctor for years if she could write something for him . I will call the law center tomorrow thank you 
  • Horrified65
    Horrified65 Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    I have sent my MR, I sent it special delivery so can see it has been delivered. Do I need to call to make sure it gets logged or do I just wait now?
  • poppy123456
    I have sent my MR, I sent it special delivery so can see it has been delivered. Do I need to call to make sure it gets logged or do I just wait now?
    Special delivery really is pointless. It can take 7 days to get there and be logged onto the computer. No harm in ringing after that to check it's arrived. Good luck.
  • Horrified65
    I did keep copies of everything I have sent @mikehughescq
  • lynnoseman
    I received the report a few days ago . Lots of inaccuracies. The decision maker has obviously just ignored some things and some things that were said haven’t been recorded.for instance “he can manage complex financial situation “ really ?? That’s why I’m his appointee . “He knows when he’s hungry “ a baby knows when it’s hungry? So that’s a sign of no mental health issues. I’ve written and got a reply from the MP going to the doc today to get him re referred to the mental health team. CAB have looked at the report and the decision letter and said they are very conflicting. 
  • Horrified65
    I have not heard anything about what I have to do with my car. I sent off my MR but only been 2 weeks. Does anyone know what happens re the car - hoping they won’t take it yet as I will be stuck in house if they do.
  • lynnoseman
    If you read the decision letter it tells you what to do
  • Horrified65
    It just says they will contact me soon thats it.
  • poppy123456
    Motability will contact you, or you can contact them.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I have not heard anything about what I have to do with my car. I sent off my MR but only been 2 weeks. Does anyone know what happens re the car - hoping they won’t take it yet as I will be stuck in house if they do.
    I thought the same when the first Motability car was handed back. After the third car was handed back earlier this year I came to realise that there are other options instead of using a car to get about.
  • Horrified65
    I am still waiting to hear from DWP about my MR. They wrote to my MP on 20th November but I have heard nothing. Some people say they got a phone call when they submitted their MR but I have had nothing. My car is due to be handed back on 24th. Should I have had a call and how long do the MR’s normally take?
  • poppy123456
    There's no timescales to any decision. They don't usually ring when you request the MR unless they have a question to ask you. I'm not sure why they will have written to your MP because an MP won't be able to help you claim PIP. There's nothing you can do until a decision's been made.

• lynnoseman
    edited January 2019
    Yes my
    mp said the only thing he could do was ask them why it’s tsking so long I’ve sent my sons off got help from CAB I hope it’s turned around as they have now stoop his ESA and said he must go on UC No money it’s a nightmare 
  • Horrified65
    My MP said she would send off representation to the DWP, which she must of done as they replied to her saying they would load her letter onto my case and they would take her comments into consideration when making the decision. The letter they sent to her is dated 20th November. Thought I would of heard by now but if there are no time limits then will just have to wait. Just really wondered if I should call them to ask.
  • Lindaann
    Lindaann Community member Posts: 41 Connected
    Yes call them it wont harm your case ...
  • Horrified65
    I called them and I submitted mine on 19 November and they are only up to 1st November.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.