Pip Assessment report being inaccurate - Page 7 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Assessment report being inaccurate

Options
123457»

Comments

• Horrified65
    Horrified65 Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    Options
    For all those following this thread I am thrilled to say that I have been successful at Mandatory Reconsideration and have been awarded the enhanced mobility backdated to when they took it off me in October. This has been a stressful journey and had to hand back my car last month. They made the decision one week after I handed back the car. It took them from
    19th November to 1st February to look at the claim, but at least I have been successful. Thanks for all the support.
  • lynnoseman
    lynnoseman Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Options
    Wow ? I’m still battling away MR refused for my son now going to tribunel
  • PeneoplePitstop
    PeneoplePitstop Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi all
    Just reading through the posts on here as I have recieved my PIP decision today and I have not been awarded PIP but all the comments in the decision are completely inaccurate. The most rediclous of the decision summarys are I responded well when communicating verbally - iam non verbal I don't communicate verbally for longer than a few sentences on a good day not at all on a bad day (the Assesment was typically a good day) and they also state my mood was stable, calm and relaxed I showed no signs of anxiety - we had to stop the Assesment and have  a break because I had a panic attack and had to leave the room ?. They are even stating there is no diagnosed physically restrictions preventing me from completeting any tasks accept managing therapies even though I provided the assessor with a reports which she accepted during the Assesment with consultants diagnosis. Iam totally baffled, iam wondering what I can do from here. I am going to request a copy of the report. What else can I do?  Is it normal for it to be this inaccurate? Thanks in advance for your advice this is all new to me 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @PeneoplePitstop

Sorry to hear your disappointing news.  It's not at all unusual for a report to be completely inaccurate.  You need to ask DWP for a mandatory reconsideration (MR).  

advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool

will generate an MR appeal letter

If MR fails (and 80% do), appeal to a tribunal.
    71% of tribunal appeals succeed.  People have gone from 0 points to enhanced after tribunal hearing!

Disability Rights UK site has a guide to PIP appeals.

Good luck!

• lynnoseman
    lynnoseman Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Options
    Hi all just an updated on my sons pip .i complained to the DWP re the assessor and decision maker. I sent more medical evidence to them and a doctors lettee. They called to say they had looked at it again and awarded him enhanced care and low mobility. We went from 2 points so don’t give up. I’m now taking on Esa and UC wish me luck

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.