Hi, my name is sallym! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is sallym!

Options
sallym
sallym Scope Member Posts: 6 Connected
I I was aware of Scope but did not realise it had an on line community, so hello. I live in Ipswich, moved here 10 months ago and still finding my way around, 

Comments

• ClaiireLouiise
    ClaiireLouiise Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Options
    Hi @sallym.

Welcome to the community. Good to have you here  :) 
    ?Look for something positive each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder ?
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @sallym welcome to the communityI!

Would you like to tell us a bit more about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • sallym
    Options
    I am 64, I live with my cat Meow....I have a long term medical condition, complicated about 5 years ago by ME. I have mobility problems, memory, speech and sight issues so one of the things that I find annoying and it was also on this website are the identification grids where you have to tick the boxes with the bus in...well I can’t see the bus and I can’t enlarge the image so it takes a while using the process of elimination! 
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @sallym a warm  welcome to you .
  • Ami2301
    Options
    Sorry to hear you experienced some difficulties with the registration process, @Alex is this due to the websites software?
  • sallym
    Options
    It is a standard format for many websites to confirm your identity, I just think there should be an option for those with sight issues. 
  • topshoes
    Options
     is there not any think  on your pc / mob phone to make the writing  bigger @sallym x
  • sallym
    Options
    It is not the writing it is the size of the image so I have not been able to enlarge it but I can get out my magnifier if I really cannot sort it out! And yes, I can make most texts larger
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @sallym

A very very big Welcome.

It’s great to meet you today.

Please please let me know if I can help/support you ?????
  • topshoes
    Options
    @Ami2301 is on to that for you to see if any think can be done , yes i have to use a magnifier glass for the very small writing , so how is it in lpswich close to the sea 
  • Ami2301
    Options
    I have central vision loss too, it took me a lot longer to do but managed it, I used to live near Ipswich, only ever went there to the cinema :)
  • sallym
    Options
    Ipswich is great, at the moment they have some huge loudspeakers high up on a building in the docks and they play women’s voices singing, not quite sure what it has to do with Remembrance but it is very eerie
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @sallym, and a warm welcome to the community! Great to have you here! 

Often when there's the identification grids with images, there are usually alternative options for visually impaired people, such as audio- possibly something that could be helpful in the future! However, if you think our sign-up process could be made more accessible, do feel free to drop us an email at community@scope.org.uk.

Hope today's a good one!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.