Hi, my name is sallym! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is sallym!

sallym
sallym Scope Member Posts: 6 Connected
I I was aware of Scope but did not realise it had an on line community, so hello. I live in Ipswich, moved here 10 months ago and still finding my way around, 

Comments

• ClaiireLouiise
    ClaiireLouiise Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Hi @sallym.

Welcome to the community. Good to have you here  :) 
    ?Look for something positive each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder ?
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sallym welcome to the communityI!

Would you like to tell us a bit more about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • sallym
    I am 64, I live with my cat Meow....I have a long term medical condition, complicated about 5 years ago by ME. I have mobility problems, memory, speech and sight issues so one of the things that I find annoying and it was also on this website are the identification grids where you have to tick the boxes with the bus in...well I can’t see the bus and I can’t enlarge the image so it takes a while using the process of elimination! 
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    Hi @sallym a warm  welcome to you .
  • Ami2301
    Sorry to hear you experienced some difficulties with the registration process, @Alex is this due to the websites software?
  • sallym
    It is a standard format for many websites to confirm your identity, I just think there should be an option for those with sight issues. 
  • topshoes
     is there not any think  on your pc / mob phone to make the writing  bigger @sallym x
  • sallym
    It is not the writing it is the size of the image so I have not been able to enlarge it but I can get out my magnifier if I really cannot sort it out! And yes, I can make most texts larger
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sallym

A very very big Welcome.

It’s great to meet you today.

Please please let me know if I can help/support you ?????
  • topshoes
    @Ami2301 is on to that for you to see if any think can be done , yes i have to use a magnifier glass for the very small writing , so how is it in lpswich close to the sea 
  • Ami2301
    I have central vision loss too, it took me a lot longer to do but managed it, I used to live near Ipswich, only ever went there to the cinema :)
  • sallym
    Ipswich is great, at the moment they have some huge loudspeakers high up on a building in the docks and they play women’s voices singing, not quite sure what it has to do with Remembrance but it is very eerie
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sallym, and a warm welcome to the community! Great to have you here! 

Often when there's the identification grids with images, there are usually alternative options for visually impaired people, such as audio- possibly something that could be helpful in the future! However, if you think our sign-up process could be made more accessible, do feel free to drop us an email at community@scope.org.uk.

Hope today's a good one!

Brightness