I really need support - Page 7 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I really need support

Options

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I will be on here in the morning, but will be busy from 11:30am until early evening. I will be back at night though. Try and get some rest x
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • cupidpsyche
    cupidpsyche Posts: 76 Connected
    Options
    I will be here as well becky
  • beckyboo84
    beckyboo84 Community member Posts: 111 Connected
    Options
    Housing environment horrible one person has understood that but no more. A couple year ago tried church a big church a bit but not felt at home. N have guilt always to go n dnt so really go through it mentally. Someone I knew from there wants me to do a religious course she really put downing bout alchol. First thing she mentions so it crushes me. Please no one b emotionally crushing on here can't take it. Busy people always use that word.
  • beckyboo84
    Options
    Need yo no how to get my mum loved ones to love me. Please yourselves try some sleep I dnt know how I can to be able to without fear worry pain
  • Ami2301
    Options
    Are you in a council property?
  • beckyboo84
    Options
    It said something smart recovery dnt know. Will need coaching through not t scream panic in chest all thru day sorry.  Night
  • beckyboo84
    Options
    Ye I try close my eyes again now
  • beckyboo84
    Options
    I need career direction studies aswell. Chance to me someone how can have family in life. Help to know with finances how deal with money. Knowing w
    Hether b home way cleethorpes here can't cope with the thoughts of it all anymore been like for years going to havvve to try close my eyes now or won't again.
  • cupidpsyche
    Options
    Have a rest backy, night 
  • cupidpsyche
    Options
    What course do you want to study becky? 
  • beckyboo84
    Options
    It knowing needs t b discussed. But close eyes
  • cupidpsyche
    Options
    There are lots of free courses in the nearest library becky, everything is free of charge 
  • beckyboo84
    Options
    I know so vulnerable. Not all other people wi a problem are nice and there. Thank you must try close eyes. Try at least a couple hours
  • cupidpsyche
    Options
    Anyway shout me I will be awake, have a rest 
  • beckyboo84
    Options
  • Ami2301
    Options
    Morning Becky, did you get much sleep?
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @beckyboo84 Good morning. Just got up and thought of you.  How you doing today.?

I am reading you had have a lot of support from the community.  We are here to help.

I need to stress two important things.

Treatment is free you do not pay anything.  At any clinic or rehab centre. Under NHS services or run by councils.

Understand anxiety and depression come with having a drink. Alcohol is a stimulant and also a downer.

Please can I suggest.  Do you want to stay off alcohol be free of having to rely on alcohol for support.

Once you are the mental symptoms you are experiencing. Will be better.

Please get a piece of paper. Write down what you what from yourself.  Make some aims and goals for yourself.

Sit down with a view to look on line and find the support you need.  Key in alcohol services or speak to AA. Available support.

You can do this I know your a smart intelligent lady. Take your time.  Think what do I need. Find out about local support services where the place you live.

Speak to our SCOPE  team on 0808 800  3333

I know this hard and all the things you have been through. I am aware of the many hurtful comments from others in your community .  Where you live. I do understand this.

Have been through the same.

Please keep in touch but I know that you want to change and you will.

We are here to listen, be a friend anytime.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • beckyboo84
    Options
    How do you cope with nerves and flashbacks
  • cupidpsyche
    Options
    Goodmorning Becky how you doing day? Hope u had good sleep 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @beckyboo84 Thanks for sharing the instances of flashbacks.  Also nerves. Understand will answer very clearly to you.

Lots of mine are troubled by memories of trauma by a certain family member.  Which I talk about.  

What is important is talking.  Finding some one to deal with these problems your having.

Can discuss them sensibly, practically.  Coping methods and strategies.  Finding that support you need many mental health charities offer this.  First thought you have to make the call.

Lot of mental health charities offer help.

You have to make the first step and move to do this.  Same with nerves. Which is related to your alcoholism.

When we talk a stimulant like alcohol, drugs, smoking, even tea or coffee.  Has caffeine in it.

Our senses are alerted everything seems sharper and noisy.  Heightened awareness of every little thing because this becomes a irritation.

Have then became high and upbeat feel good feelings . This is wonderful.  Other side effects are flashbacks more clearer focus on the negatives.  In our lives so these became a heavy load to carry.

I am here to say to you. All these issues that you are having need to be dealt with.

Please I hope you do make the first step. Wish I had done that earlier. When I was losing friends , being told am an alcoholic.

Sorted myself out around mid forties.  All that time wasted drinking.  Now mid fifties and now is the best time.

Please take care. You are a valued member . Remember this is all frightening and scary but if you do this a new person.

Just think new person new you. 

You can do this. 

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.