Hi, MY name is Fiona x — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, MY name is Fiona x

Options
busterdog6
busterdog6 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I have joined this group for support and Hopefully be able to give some hope and advice.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @busterdog6 welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @busterdog6

Good Evening & Welcome ??

It’s great to meet you today ????

Please please let me know if I can help you with anything????

• busterdog6
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for the hellos..I think I am just fed up of trying to justify myself within 5 mins of meeting a 'professional ' I have arthritis in both my knees, hands and elbow and never in a million years thought it would take my quality of life away as what it has done, I am 48 yrs old and  have had my life turned upside down due to this, but I will fight all the way xx
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community @busterdog6

I am sorry to hear about what you're going through. We have lovely members here, who will be able to support you. 

Please have a look at our quick guide about our community and you can join any of our recent discussions 

You may also find this page useful from Versus Arthritis
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @busterdog6

Welcome it’s great to meet you today I do hope that you are having a good day!!!!

Yes it’s the “Hidden Disables”

They are the hardest disables
    to justify always!!!!

Please don’t worry as you have come to the right place as we all “Understand”

I am one of the “Community Champion’s”

Please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you with ??????
  • busterdog6
    Options
    Hello my friends who have left responses, sorry haven't been on for a while but have been  busy with family ...we were gifted with alot of disabilities, but I had a bit of information today which I hope will help anyone in my situation, I have been the stronghold of my family, but then arthritis and other complications took hold , I was advised to try for P.I.P I did this and was awarded the Daily Living Allowance, but nothing on the mobility side, which confused me as the mobility was my biggest issue , so I am quite stubborn and thought no am going to fight this because you are not going  to say my mobility is fine , so long story..after 7 months ..I have been awarded the standard rate of mobility, through a Tribunal , so please fight ..you cannot fake this , this is the last place I wanted to be at my age having to apply for this benefit but I was not having anyone insinuating I was lying..so just received letter today..so please keep fighting xx
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Congratulations on winning your appeal! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.