Hi, MY name is Fiona x — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, MY name is Fiona x

busterdog6
busterdog6 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I have joined this group for support and Hopefully be able to give some hope and advice.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @busterdog6 welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @busterdog6

Good Evening & Welcome ??

It’s great to meet you today ????

Please please let me know if I can help you with anything????

• busterdog6
    Hi. Thanks for the hellos..I think I am just fed up of trying to justify myself within 5 mins of meeting a 'professional ' I have arthritis in both my knees, hands and elbow and never in a million years thought it would take my quality of life away as what it has done, I am 48 yrs old and  have had my life turned upside down due to this, but I will fight all the way xx
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @busterdog6

I am sorry to hear about what you're going through. We have lovely members here, who will be able to support you. 

Please have a look at our quick guide about our community and you can join any of our recent discussions 

You may also find this page useful from Versus Arthritis
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @busterdog6

Welcome it’s great to meet you today I do hope that you are having a good day!!!!

Yes it’s the “Hidden Disables”

They are the hardest disables
    to justify always!!!!

Please don’t worry as you have come to the right place as we all “Understand”

I am one of the “Community Champion’s”

Please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you with ??????
  • busterdog6
    Hello my friends who have left responses, sorry haven't been on for a while but have been  busy with family ...we were gifted with alot of disabilities, but I had a bit of information today which I hope will help anyone in my situation, I have been the stronghold of my family, but then arthritis and other complications took hold , I was advised to try for P.I.P I did this and was awarded the Daily Living Allowance, but nothing on the mobility side, which confused me as the mobility was my biggest issue , so I am quite stubborn and thought no am going to fight this because you are not going  to say my mobility is fine , so long story..after 7 months ..I have been awarded the standard rate of mobility, through a Tribunal , so please fight ..you cannot fake this , this is the last place I wanted to be at my age having to apply for this benefit but I was not having anyone insinuating I was lying..so just received letter today..so please keep fighting xx
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations on winning your appeal! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness