pip tribunal won then bad news - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip tribunal won then bad news

1235»

Comments

• cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2019
    @rainbow58 - I'm not sure whether you count me as critical or supportive, but I'll respond one last time.

I don't doubt you when you say that you need an oven to cook on. The problem is that the PIP category for 'preparing food' it only considers preparing food above waist height. Whether you can bend down to use an oven is not considered, and the CAB should know this.

If they have advised you that you should score points for this then they are wrong.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    So, are you appealing @rainbow58?

I got 4 points in the food prep descriptor as more than 50% of the time I cannot peel and chop veg even using aids.
    Tribunal gave me the two extra points.  Assessor only gave me 2 points.  She decided I could prepare veg using aids.  It was too complex for her to understand (she was a paramedic) that more than 50% of time I could not prepare veg even using aids.

Most assessors are too dim to take into account the reliability criteria - safely, repeatedly, in a reasonable time.  You have to go to appeal to find interviewers with brains who understand the descriptors criteria.
  • pcoventry
    pcoventry Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    edited July 2019
    The DA in my F2F was a nurse and she came to my house - despite telling her that I can't go anywhere without someone else - especially when driving because I freak out if I go somewhere I don't know - she said I had no MH issues and said I could plan a route unaided - I literally have to program 3 sat navs, google map the **** out of where I am going AND have someone with me.

The DWP said ' okay so you only need that 1 thing looking at - shouldn't take long" and now I wait - I was only awarded Standard mobility 2 days ago after 15 weeks waiting!

I agree, they don't know **** and the problem is the case managers who are totally non medical just go on what the report says! I knew I had Enchanced living and Standard Motab as soon as I got the report (even tough I called and they added notes on) 
  • drewdundee
    drewdundee Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    My only advice is if you have the mental capacity to fill out your pip form honestly, truthfully and truly have a disability you will be successful. Maybe not after the assessment or the MR but at tribunal you will be. If you have gone through all of that and still are not successful perhaps pip is not the right welfare program for you.
  • shichon
    shichon Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    rainbow58 said:
    ageuk and cab went thrun them and scored points on what i told them-the truth about m y disabilities.
    I cant use my oven because i cant use it safely or reliably.I can prepare a meal using a microwave but not an oven-THAT SCORES POINTS.! and I know i wont score for both but in cant do both so one would count -they should take the highest score.the point about nail cutting is that i cannot bend down to do it-and need assistance to do so-relates to not being able to reach lower body to wash.
    sound like your being picky .and citical 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,941 Disability Gamechanger
    shichon said:
    rainbow58 said:
    ageuk and cab went thrun them and scored points on what i told them-the truth about m y disabilities.
    I cant use my oven because i cant use it safely or reliably.I can prepare a meal using a microwave but not an oven-THAT SCORES POINTS.! and I know i wont score for both but in cant do both so one would count -they should take the highest score.the point about nail cutting is that i cannot bend down to do it-and need assistance to do so-relates to not being able to reach lower body to wash.
    sound like your being picky .and citical 

You've posted on a thread that's more than 3 years old. You can correct, using an oven isn't considered in any of the PIP descriptors.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • shichon
    shichon Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    @poppy123456 I didn't mean to comment on anything I was reading the thread 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    I hear you @shichon. I think @poppy123456 just meant the thread was posted in 2019 and previously to you the most recent comment was in 2019.

Therefore, if you react to this thread in any way - such as the text box that came up quoting @rainbow58 you may not receive a response  <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Dipsydee
    Dipsydee Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    I said I could walk for 2 minutes but am in pain as soon as I stand up. I get breathless  I'm slow and I get slower and more pain as I go. Assessor said I could walk 50 metres. My response in M.R was that the distance a able bodied person could walk in 2 minutes is considerably further than what I can cover in 2 minutes. Having to go tribunal. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    oh @Dipsydee I'm so sorry you are having to go to tribunal. Keeping everything crossed for you! <3
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • corblimey
    corblimey Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    I had to go through hell to get PIP and multiple tribunals, that was years ago 2012, it appears that nothing has changed, doesn't matter what you tell them, the assessors, they say something else, someone should start a class action lawsuit against them 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.