WCA & PIP - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

WCA & PIP

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    pcoventry said:
    Okay - sorry but I am confused - UC don't deal with PIP - PIP deals with PIP.. And the report should give you an idea?  or does it not? 
    The confusion here is that this thread was originally about UC and then PIP came into it. This very often causes confusion when talking about multiple things on the same thread.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pcoventry
    pcoventry Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    edited May 2019
    Gotcha Poppy! and I understand now :)

KEE - thanks - I am glad you are sorted also - I don't see any battle to be honest - what will be will be and there's plenty of time to get it all sorted it needs be :)

She stated as I can't go anywhere alone and I crumble at the thought of a crowded place I have MH issues - I think this will probably go against me 
  • char38
    char38 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    pcoventry said:
    Okay - sorry but I am confused - UC don't deal with PIP - PIP deals with PIP.. And the report should give you an idea?  or does it not? 
    About 12 points on pip. 
  • pcoventry
    okay well that at lease gets you something - you didn't really answer my question though
  • poppy123456
    pcoventry said:
    okay well that at lease gets you something - you didn't really answer my question though
    If your question was the PIP report or ESA/UC report then yes receiving both will give you some idea what the decision will be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • pcoventry
    In my case the UC report is totally different to the other report - not sure how this can be 

But thanks - and I was asking them not asking anyone else lol 
  • KEE
    KEE Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    The discussion I started was WCA and PIP my question regarding the assessment process regarding the two and whether my PIP Assessment would be relevant for a WCA decision (so I wouldn’t have to go through another questionnaire and assessment process). UC became involved as this has been my current benefit which a WCA questionnaire /assessment is being asked of me now 7 months after submitting fit notes. PIP is a separate claim that I only made in March. But I got my answer earlier in that as it’s two separate benefits this means two separate claims and assessments.  
  • pcoventry
    edited May 2019
    Yes and remember PIP does not affect UC at all - which is a massive relief to everyone who discovers or knows this already :)

I can only hope my decision is as quick as yours. 
  • KEE
    Yes I did read that it does not affect UC and it is a massive relief as I am struggling in every way as many of us are.
    I do hope your decision is quick for you too. Best wishes to you.
  • pcoventry
    Thanks same to you ;) 
  • KEE
    Keep us updated when you can bye4now 
  • pcoventry
    I will - I am going to call tomorrow afternoon and see if they have the report - The assessor did say she would send it off and it would be with them in both copies by tonight. 
  • poppy123456
    Just so you're aware the digital copy is received as soon as it's sent. The paper copy takes a little longer and has to go through the mail sorting process, then added to the computer, which can take a few days. They won't send a copy out to you until both copies have been received.
  • pcoventry
    okay thanks for letting me know I think I will just wait for the SMS before I call. I had a physio so I am hoping she understood the pain I was in - my last appointment was with the spinal unit and physio and they said nothing more could be done for me long term. 
  • pcoventry
    KEE said:
    Hi all, I have just called back, I have been awarded Standard for both. 
    Mobility 10 points and Living 8 The lady on phone said most people get confused on the being able to walk 20metres and that I can ask for a MR but have to wait for decision letter to arrive first.
    The backpay will be paid into my account this Friday and gave me the dates for following payments. She also said that if I ask for an MR my money will not stop. 
    Hi KEE - What number did you call please? I have found about 6 :/
  • KEE
    Hi Pcoventry for a claim that has been submitted for PIP it’s 0800 121 4433
  • pcoventry
    Thank you I am going to call them tomorrow and see if they have it 
  • KEE
    You should receive a text message from DWP when they have it. Mine stated,
    .....“we now have received your PIP assessment report and will give you a decision within 6 weeks”....
    but I received the decision over the phone  6 days later after I called them (as you were aware yesterday).
    I am still waiting for the official decision letter though. 

• pcoventry
    Well the letter is just a formality isn't it - You will get paid before you get the letter - which is usually the case with benefits lol always has been for me anyway 

• KEE
    I would like to have the letter as proof and the report. 
    I still feel in a daze and throughly exhausted since the whole application process and I don’t think it has sunk in yet that I have been awarded. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.