Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

WCA & PIP

KEEKEE Member Posts: 84 Courageous
edited May 2019 in Universal Credit
Hi this is my first post so forgive me if I have posted in the wrong place, I am confused with the benefits process and require some help please.

I had to give up work Nov 2018 and currently claim UC and submitted ‘fit note’ since then until presently. I had no WCA but 0 commitments to search for work, only to update via my journal any doctors appointments etc and my work coach just booked appointments to see him each time my fit note ran out in order to resubmit a new one. (Usually every two months).

In March 2019 under the advice from a welfare rights officer I found out I could apply for PIP. I made a claim and had a home visit assessment on 9th May 2019. I am awaiting decision, I received a txt message on 16th May 2019 stating the report is with DWP. 
Since then I have received a note in my journal stating a WCA questionnaire is being sent out to me and I may have to attend an assessment for this too. 

I do not know how I can face another assessment and another form with similar questions on it yet again. It’s knocked the stuffing out of me and I suffer with severe depression & aniexty, Fibromyalgia and 2 slipped discs with hairline fracture in my back.

I have just today had more medical tests which has had an abnormal reading and I now have to be investigated as to my breathlessness. I suffer mentally, physically and often get confused so I get UC paid fortnightly due to struggling with finances.

I find it confusing that after stopping work and after 7 months of claiming UC and submitting Fit Notes I have never been offered a WCA. Nor did I realise I could be claiming an additional payment. It’s Only today  I find out, when I am mentally drained from just going through a PIP application and f2f assessment in my home. 
If the PIP decision is going to grant me this benefit then wouldn’t this be enough for DWP to make a decision for WCA ? I can not cope with this. 
Thank you for any help and advice.

Replies

• wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,289 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, you will have to fill in the new wca form and return it as you have had a PIP assessment they may use this information or the evidence you submit with the wca form to do a paper based assessment. What ever happens the wca form must be filled in and returned so maybe a trustworthy friend can help or assist you if no family member is there to help. 
  • KEEKEE Member Posts: 84 Courageous
    Thank you.
    Just thought it strange I hadn’t had a WCA in all the 7 months I been ill 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I disagree with wilko here, sorry. PIP and the WCA are different benefits and they most likely won't use your PIP evidence or the assessment report for the WCA. When you return the WCA form you should make sure you send evidence with it to support your claim because they very rarely contact anyone for any evidence, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent.

The WCA form is slightly different to the PIP form. They both have different criteria. WCA is for those who have a limited capability for work but people claim PIP and work.

You need to make sure the form is returned no later than the date stated on the letter, otherwise you could be found fit for work for failing to return it. Most people have face to face assessment and even though you've only recently had a PIP assessment you should expect to be sent for another assessment i'm afraid.

Once the decision is made if you're given limited capability for work related activity (LCWRA) then you'll receive the extra £336 per month back dated to the 4th month of your claim.

If the decision is limited capability for work (LCW) then your money will stay the same.

Good luck.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Thank you. 
    What a palaver!! My head is spinning with all of this and my heart racing, just want to curl up in a ball and hide myself away forever! I am mentally and physically exhausted!
    Thank you for the good luck wishes and help.

You're welcome. Yes it really is a worry. Just fill out the form with as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you and that's really all you can do. There's no timescales to waiting times for the WCA.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    No timescales means my mental health suffers more. 

Once again I appreciate your help thankyou so much 
    You're welcome.

Yes, i know how you feel. Even those who don't suffer with mental health experience the same thing while waiting for assessments/decisions.

For your PIP if you live in the UK have you requested a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you? This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    Good morning,

Yes I agree the whole process is extremely stressful for everyone.
    I haven’t requested a copy of the report as I thought DWP send this along with the decision. 

I May ask for a copy then. Thank you.

You're welcome. No, they don't send it at all unless you request it.
  • char38char38 Member Posts: 43 Connected
    I had to fill in a form for UC but i thought u didnt get the extra money any more. Is that true?
    char38 said:
    I had to fill in a form for UC but i thought u didnt get the extra money any more. Is that true?
    What extra money are you talking about please?
  • pcoventrypcoventry Member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    edited May 2019
    Hi Kee,

I have done the reverse - I had a WCA 5 weeks ago after waiting 2 months from a failed appointment - I was deemed as not having limited capability - Yesterday I had my home PIP assessment. I am calling in a few days to get my report (as advised by the Physio who came) I had a good feeling as the lady was really nice and understanding - but the DWP people who have no medical experience just read the report and decide - so I am hoping that they will see it as I will - if not I will appeal. The lady who came was very open about it all - even to the point where we did a few of the MSK exercises - she put her laptop down facing us and my carer read what was on the screen and it does seem to be positive. Which way is yet to be known.

But yes I was told it would take about 2 days to get the report to them and I was encouraged to call and ask for a copy a few days later. You should get a good idea of the decision based on what it says.

I agree the whole process is stressful and un necessary - Like you I had to stop working last year due to illness (September for me) and the WCA was triggered by fit notes being sent in - I don't know why I bothered, I was fired from my job for being ill despite doctors letters and fit notes. 

Anyway now starting the long wait for the decision. I hope it is the 4-6 weeks they state. I had a letter from Capita saying they were sending all they had to the DWP and then 3 weeks later I had a letter asking me to go to an appointment - but I called to ask for a better time as it was peak time bus travel which would put me in a crisis - so I was offered a home visit instead

You aren't alone so do share your journey please :)
    edited May 2019
    Hi,

I disagree with wilko here, sorry. PIP and the WCA are different benefits and they most likely won't use your PIP evidence or the assessment report for the WCA. 

No they won't you are correct. I have sat in front of the same Neurologist twice  3 weeks apart at the same Capita office once for each assessment in the past. Literally 2 reports - even the doctor agreed it was a waste of time and money!  

char38 said:
    You can get PIP in additional to UC and it does not affect your claim - The health bit I think is if they put you into a work group and then you get extra - I have been told I am fit for work by UC but PIP should be different at which case I expect UC to re consider.
    Hi Pcoventry,

I am currently awaiting the WCA questionnaire to be sent to me as advised it has been sent in the post. 
    For my PIP claim in March 2019 had my face 2 face assessment within my home on 9th May 2019 and a txt message was sent on 16th May stating the DWP now have received the assessment report.
    Following the advise of poppy123456 here at scope, I have today called PIP to request a copy of the report and they said they will send one out and thy also told me a decision for PIP has now been made and the decision letter sent out 2nd class post yesterday. 
    So I should receive my letter any day from tomorrow onwards. 
    Hope yours is as quick and I will update whatever my decision is as soon as I receive it.
    Thank you and Best of luck to you 
    @KEE did you ask what the decision is? They will tell you over the phone.
    No I didn’t ask I thought they wasn’t allowed to tell me, I will call back now then Thank you
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,934

Scope community team

char38 said:
    Hi @char38. You no longer get any additional money if you’re found to have LCW but do if you are placed into the LCWRA group.

I hope that helps. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey

Scope community team

Hello @KEE, welcome to the community! Poppy's given you some great advice about the WCA. Let us know how you get on when you call PIP back! :smile:
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey

Scope community team

Hi @pcoventry, thanks for sharing with us. Have you appealed your UC WCA decision?
    As you said to KEE, you're not alone on your journey, so please make sure to keep in touch!
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

I filled in the UC questionaire nearly a month again. Do u think i should ring them as i havent heard anything?😔
    KEE said:
    Hi Pcoventry,

I am currently awaiting the WCA questionnaire to be sent to me as advised it has been sent in the post. 
    For my PIP claim in March 2019 had my face 2 face assessment within my home on 9th May 2019 and a txt message was sent on 16th May stating the DWP now have received the assessment report.
    Following the advise of poppy123456 here at scope, I have today called PIP to request a copy of the report and they said they will send one out and thy also told me a decision for PIP has now been made and the decision letter sent out 2nd class post yesterday. 
    So I should receive my letter any day from tomorrow onwards. 
    Hope yours is as quick and I will update whatever my decision is as soon as I receive it.
    Thank you and Best of luck to you 
    Wow! that IS fast I am going to call on Thursday to try and get mine sent too 
    Hi @pcoventry, thanks for sharing with us. Have you appealed your UC WCA decision?
    As you said to KEE, you're not alone on your journey, so please make sure to keep in touch!
    Hi Adrian, Yes I have asked for it - but I get the impression and I hope that PIP will come back first. 
    Hi all, I have just called back, I have been awarded Standard for both. 
    Mobility 10 points and Living 8 The lady on phone said most people get confused on the being able to walk 20metres and that I can ask for a MR but have to wait for decision letter to arrive first.
    The backpay will be paid into my account this Friday and gave me the dates for following payments. She also said that if I ask for an MR my money will not stop. 
    That's good - it's still something - But 20m? I was asked how far I could walk at a time and I said about 50M - which is right - so that's not good? Also what backpay is it? from application to Friday or from the 9th? 
    KEE said:
    Mobility 10 points and Living 8 The lady on phone said most people get confused on the being able to walk 20metres and that I can ask for a MR but have to wait for decision letter to arrive first.
    The backpay will be paid into my account this Friday and gave me the dates for following payments. She also said that if I ask for an MR my money will not stop. 
    That was fast they recieved mine on the 10th may nhavent heard anything
    char38 said:
    I filled in the UC questionaire nearly a month again. Do u think i should ring them as i havent heard anything?😔
    Hi,

That's really not that long ago in all honesty. Most people have face to face assessments so expect one of those. Waiting times for this will depend on backlog in your area.
    char38 said:
    KEE said:
    No you filled in the UC questionaire - that's different this is the PIP assessment
    KEE said:
    That's great news. Yes, if you request the MR your money will continue and you have 1 month from the date of the decision to do this. Before doing this i'd advise you to get some face to face advice.
    I haven’t received letter yet but backpay is from application of PIP which in my case was March 2019.
    From application to f2f Assessment was 8 weeks and from after f2f Assessment to decision is 2 weeks for my case.
    pcoventry said:
    char38 said:
    KEE said:
    No you filled in the UC questionaire - that's different this is the PIP assessment
    It was for PIP on the 10th n havent heard anything
    edited May 2019
    Right nice! That's going to be a decent amount then. I hope they are as fast with me - But the 20M thing won't cause me confusion as it was not mentioned to me - I was asked how far I could walk and sit and stand and for how long - and how long would I need to break before I could carry on - stuff like that.

Char - I had a UC WCA and then 2 weeks after Capita sent me a letter saying they were putting everything to the DWP after I applied for PIP (made the phone call) and then it was about 4 weeks until I got a letter about a F2F but only a week between the letter and the appointment. Well actually less as my appointment was supposed to be this Thursday the 23rd but I had it at home yesterday. SO yes i apologies I thought it was the WCA you meant, in which case I agree you should call them. 
    Thank you poppy123456 I will get some help f2f advice for MR.  
    char38 it took 8 weeks from my pip claim to F2f Assessment 
    KEE you sound like a reflection of me! 

I also have FM and I have Bones growing into my nerves in my spine. I also have breathlessness and have been given a few ventilators and a peak flow meter to test my lungs. 

I just thought the similarities were uncanny!
    pcoventry said:
    Right nice! That's going to be a decent amount then. I hope they are as fast with me - But the 20M thing won't cause me confusion as it was not mentioned to me - I was asked how far I could walk and sit and stand and for how long - and how long would I need to break before I could carry on - stuff like that.

Char - I had a UC WCA and then 2 weeks after Capita sent me a letter saying they were putting everything to the DWP after I applied for PIP (made the phone call) and then it was about 4 weeks until I got a letter about a F2F but only a week between the letter and the appointment. Well actually less as my appointment was supposed to be this Thursday the 23rd but I had it at home yesterday. SO yes i apologies I thought it was the WCA you meant, in which case I agree you should call them. 
    I had my PIP home visit on the 9th they got the medical thing through on the 10th may. I got a copy so just waitin for there decision. Ive just rang UC n they said it could take up to 8 weeks 
    Okay - sorry but I am confused - UC don't deal with PIP - PIP deals with PIP.. And the report should give you an idea?  or does it not? 
    I have mental health problems too and yesterday I had a Spirometry Test which has shown abnormal results and have been to have a chest X-ray my GP is referring me to a Chrst Specialist so now I don’t know if I need to include this in my MR as it was mentioned about my breathlessness but had not been tested or referred at the assessment stage. 
    Pcoventry sorry to hear of your ailments it’s so strange the similarities (unfortunately) but hope you get what is rightfully yours without too much of a battle.
    pcoventry said:
    Okay - sorry but I am confused - UC don't deal with PIP - PIP deals with PIP.. And the report should give you an idea?  or does it not? 
    The confusion here is that this thread was originally about UC and then PIP came into it. This very often causes confusion when talking about multiple things on the same thread.
    edited May 2019
    Gotcha Poppy! and I understand now :)

KEE - thanks - I am glad you are sorted also - I don't see any battle to be honest - what will be will be and there's plenty of time to get it all sorted it needs be :)

She stated as I can't go anywhere alone and I crumble at the thought of a crowded place I have MH issues - I think this will probably go against me 
    pcoventry said:
    About 12 points on pip. 
    okay well that at lease gets you something - you didn't really answer my question though
    pcoventry said:
    okay well that at lease gets you something - you didn't really answer my question though
    If your question was the PIP report or ESA/UC report then yes receiving both will give you some idea what the decision will be because they mostly go with the report.
    In my case the UC report is totally different to the other report - not sure how this can be 

But thanks - and I was asking them not asking anyone else lol 
    The discussion I started was WCA and PIP my question regarding the assessment process regarding the two and whether my PIP Assessment would be relevant for a WCA decision (so I wouldn’t have to go through another questionnaire and assessment process). UC became involved as this has been my current benefit which a WCA questionnaire /assessment is being asked of me now 7 months after submitting fit notes. PIP is a separate claim that I only made in March. But I got my answer earlier in that as it’s two separate benefits this means two separate claims and assessments.  
    edited May 2019
    Yes and remember PIP does not affect UC at all - which is a massive relief to everyone who discovers or knows this already :)

I can only hope my decision is as quick as yours. 
    Yes I did read that it does not affect UC and it is a massive relief as I am struggling in every way as many of us are.
    I do hope your decision is quick for you too. Best wishes to you.
    Thanks same to you ;) 
    Keep us updated when you can bye4now 
    I will - I am going to call tomorrow afternoon and see if they have the report - The assessor did say she would send it off and it would be with them in both copies by tonight. 
    Just so you're aware the digital copy is received as soon as it's sent. The paper copy takes a little longer and has to go through the mail sorting process, then added to the computer, which can take a few days. They won't send a copy out to you until both copies have been received.
    okay thanks for letting me know I think I will just wait for the SMS before I call. I had a physio so I am hoping she understood the pain I was in - my last appointment was with the spinal unit and physio and they said nothing more could be done for me long term. 
    KEE said:
    Hi KEE - What number did you call please? I have found about 6 :/
    Hi Pcoventry for a claim that has been submitted for PIP it’s 0800 121 4433
    Thank you I am going to call them tomorrow and see if they have it 
    You should receive a text message from DWP when they have it. Mine stated,
    .....“we now have received your PIP assessment report and will give you a decision within 6 weeks”....
    but I received the decision over the phone  6 days later after I called them (as you were aware yesterday).
    I am still waiting for the official decision letter though. 

Well the letter is just a formality isn't it - You will get paid before you get the letter - which is usually the case with benefits lol always has been for me anyway 

I would like to have the letter as proof and the report. 
    I still feel in a daze and throughly exhausted since the whole application process and I don’t think it has sunk in yet that I have been awarded. 

You will get it - they are both on their way I got my UC report today so I can see why they said I could work - bunch of lies. Next time I will wear a bloody bodycam! 
    Oh no!! Sorry to hear. It’s ridiculous and stressful good luck with MR 
    Well they got my MR yesterday and it was scanned on today and sent to me. I will call them in about a week to see if it's been sent (and fib a bit) and see if there is a decision. I hope so I really need some aids so I can put my clothes on without help!
    edited May 2019
    @pcoventry Hope it’s all settled for you as quickly as possible. 
    edited June 2019
    Hi Kee, Just an update - I had mt F2F and I have had my report - If it's to go by I have got enhanced daily but only 10 points on Motability - The assessor left off the bit where I can't go anywhere without my partner because I get worried, lost and end up callling the Police in tears. 

So I rang DWP and they noted it on for the assessor but as they are not qualified they are probably just going to go on the DA's word - so I guess I will have to ask for them to reconsider :(

Oh the plus side she's put down I cant walk more than 50M so I am hoping this might sway it. I would rather have a car than have to go down the path of busses - because although she left that off too I can not stand to be on a public bus!

I wish there was a scheme where people could put their enchanced daily rate towards it 

Half of the worry is over - just got to see how long it takes them now! 
    Glad to hear an update from you @pcoventry
    I did wonder what happened with your assessment result.
    This sounds promising for you and thankfully light at the end of the tunnel for you. 
    I hope that you get all you need, to enable you to manage daily living and mobility.
    😊
    Thanks :) I am hoping as I said the guy will give me 12 points so at the very least I can get something so I can go further than 50 meters! - a scooter would be good over a car. 

Ill keep you posted
    Brilliant I wish you luck. I currently sat waiting for my hospital appointment to see a Chest Specialist 
    I hope it goes well /went well. Sorry I am a bit late to the party today. 
    That’s ok @pcoventry and better news than expected thank goodness, bad news was I had suspected Emphysema on top of the illnesses I already been awarded PIP for. The consultant said I do have it but it’s mild. So feeling thankful. Just got a big test next week for something else but one less weight off my shoulders.  Been there since 1pm today and just got back at 5.30pm I am drained!!
    edited June 2019
    I bet you are!.

I tell you what - it's the people that are broken not so much the system. I will now have to go through what others have and do this reconsideration and possibly appeal all because the DA decided to cheery pick only some of the right answers for my report. I mean she says I have no problems with making complex financial decisions.

That's why I am 6 months into my 2ND Bankruptcy since 2012.. Because I can't organise money for toffee.! Like someone said on here -  most of it is factually incorrect 

She said a few times "He didn't put this in his questionnaire" they seem to think we are really dumb - like any clever person I scanned my questionnaire after I filled it out - so what she says wasn't on there actually was!

She's cost me at least 17 points overall!
    Hi @pcoventry Yes it’s a right battle and a half!! But don’t give up I won’t be giving up, especially when you know what you can & can’t do because it is happening to you,  it’s your illnesses and only you know how it effects your ability to do stuff from day to day 

I have requested an MR on 29/05 based on the points and lack of points on a couple descriptors I was awarded 10 for mobility and 8 Daily, so still awaiting the outcome of the MR and also after completing my health questionnaire for UC I still awaiting whether I have to go for an assessment regarding this. Will update here when I find out about either one.

Once again Good Luck we will all get through this mine field! 
    Throughly drained after long day at hospital  today so off to get try get some sleep. 
    Cheers - I hope it goes well for you too. I have had to ask UC for a MR too as they said I might have some limited capability - but both reports highlight weakness in my left side and almost no pressure in my grip. I am typing this using the voice function on my Mac!

Night 
    Thank you, if you can please update when you get a decision on the MR. Take care bye4now 
    Hi Kee, I will. I am just going off the report. I haven't had the actual decision yet. I am hoping ( and what I will be going for) is that as I can only walk a max of 50M before having to stop he might well up my points in the moving around bit to give me 12 so I can get a scooter. I don't want to be dealing with public transport. 

Ill let you know. 
    I got sent a Progress letter today . but still waiting to be decided.. 
    At at least they updated you 👍🏼 I haven’t heard anything yet.
    Well they told you and you've been paid no? Are you still waiting for the letter? if so ring up someone will post to to you takes a few days 
    I've got my MR had on ready for the day this decision arrives. I am sure I will not get the points I should Going to ring Friday and see if there is a decision. I got the report twice so I can't really use that excuse anymore! It's 5 weeks today since I had the F2F so they should be nearly done!
    I been given an appointment to go for a f2f for work capability at an assessment centre, not sure I can face it. Yet PIP assessment was completed at my home. Hopefully yours is nearly done, I just would ring anyway as I explain to them my anxieties get the better of me and I need to know what stage I am at. Sounds like yours should  nearly be completed 👍🏼
    Ah I see you are on about the UC F2F - yes I need to inform then with the update as I understand there is a heath section too and some premiums might be added.  I will call them in a few days and see what they say. I just hope it's not 6 weeks from the progress letter - which basically said they had all they needed and were making a decision. 
    pcoventry said:
    Ah I see you are on about the UC F2F - yes I need to inform then with the update as I understand there is a heath section too and some premiums might be added.  I will call them in a few days and see what they say. I just hope it's not 6 weeks from the progress letter - which basically said they had all they needed and were making a decision. 
    If you're claiming UC then unfortunately, there's no disability premiums available with this. You need to be claim Income Related ESA/JSA or Income Support to be able to claim any of the disability premiums.

The only extra money available on UC is the LCWRA element and for this you need to have a work capability assessment.
    @pcoventry if the Pip have made a decision for you, they can tell you on the phone instead of waiting for a decision letter to arrive which comes some time after. @poppy123456 thank you for that information 
    Hi Kee, No they haven't and I've just called - they are now saying it can take up to 10 weeks!!

Still waiting to be looked at by a Case Manager :( 

Hi @pcoventry, they have backlogs but you will still receive any benefit owed to you should they decide. Unfortunately it is a long drawn out process and my health is definitely suffering  from the stress of it all. Together with two new recent diagnoses after undergoing an Endoscopy examination last week. I really don’t know whether I should be letting PIP know of new illnesses whilst they haven’t completed my MR or not?
     I will let WCA Assessment team know next week at my assessment.
    Dont know whether I coming or going 🙈

edited June 2019
    Ah you've asked for a MR. I think I will have to do the same when I get my decision if it's based on the report - as she left a few major things out!. I don't know if you should tell them of not, it can't hurt surely? 

I wish they would hurry up in my case. Living on 8p cans of beans because I can't afford anything else is not fun. Amongst many other humiliating things I need PIP so I can afford to buy just to help me get dressed (which i've not been able to do for a while) 
    It’s so sad to hear that @pcoventry. It is humiliating and adds insult to injury. Really hope you do not have to wait much longer and you receive the decision you need. Some local councils have a Local welfare provision for situations like not enough money to live on. In Birmingham you apply online for a prepaid card think maximum is £60 they put on it, dependant on your personal circumstances so you can use it to get food/toiletries from Asda, Aldi etc.  You can google for more information on LWP (local welfare provision) or the alternative is CAB for a food voucher. Take care for now. 
    edited June 2019
    Thanks. I'm okay I have enough money for a week or two - found £1 in a draw - no idea who it got there but that will buy a fair amount of tins! Good thing I like these beans eh!. Bread goes off too quickly - tinned beans last forever :) 

I'm going to call up and see when they got my report - that will give me an indication of how many weeks I am since that time - I think I am about 2 months in and I understand that's the point in which they pay you for. I can then look online for some aids that will help me. I know I will get PIP. Well if they go off the report I will - and as soon as I get the decision I will also have to ask for a MR but they pay you at least whilst they decide. 
    edited June 2019
    Seems you were lucky Kee - I have just been told that I should hear something between the 17th of July and the 16th of August - I put my claim in in March. I am also told if the claim manager feels like it the claim will start from then but it's not guaranteed. I might as well just give up as the wait is not doing me any good. From the date I put my claim in ( which was the day after I got the form as I sent it by Special Delivery next day) will be 15 weeks tomorrow. I'm being told the 8-10 weeks starts from the date they got my report which is the 7th of June. So not sure what I will get when the claim is finally agreed. 

10 weeks from the 7th will be the 16th of August and I have been told to call back then if I have heard nothing - and then it will be classed as late 
    pcoventry said:
    Seems you were lucky Kee - I have just been told that I should hear something between the 17th of July and the 16th of August - I put my claim in in March. I am also told if the claim manager feels like it the claim will start from then but it's not guaranteed. I might as well just give up as the wait is not doing me any good. From the date I put my claim in ( which was the day after I got the form as I sent it by Special Delivery next day) will be 15 weeks tomorrow. I'm being told the 8-10 weeks starts from the date they got my report which is the 7th of June. So not sure what I will get when the claim is finally agreed. 

10 weeks from the 7th will be the 16th of August and I have been told to call back then if I have heard nothing - and then it will be classed as late 
    HI

Are you talking about PIP or the WCA? Sorry but i'm a little confused because the thread is titled WCA and PIP. Just curious because of the advice you've been given... . "I am also told if the claim manager feels like it the claim will start from then but it's not guaranteed" If it's PIP is it a new claim, change of circumstances or transfer from DLA?
    edited June 2019
    It's a new PIP claim with the form on the 23rd of March, F2F at my house on 20th of May - report received to PIP 7th of June and now a 8-10 week wait 

Sorry I was not clear :( 

I did ask for a MR on my WCA and they came back the next working day and said no change - if only PIP were that fast!
    I can't remember if you've received the report for PIP but if you have and it recommends an award you will receive backdated money to the date you rang to start your claim.

The only time this doesn't happen is if there's any question about the 3 month rule. This means that for PIP you must have had the conditions for at least 3 months, if they don't think it's been this long then your money will not be backdated to the start of your claim. Hope this helps.
    edited June 2019
    Thanks for the clarification Poppy - yes I have the report it does for 18 months to start with and it says more than 3 months in the past and more than 9 into the future. 

I will need to MR if the CM does not look at the extra notes and award 12 points. But based on the report it's 18/10 if they just go off that and the descriptors.  

The 23rd was when they got the form it was a week before that I called to start the claim. so that's 16 weeks tomorrow 
    Hello @pcoventry,
    As promised I just giving a quick update.
    I have not received a decision on the MR I requested on my PIP decision and I have been waiting for 6 weeks now. 
    I did receive the date for my WCA health assessment and attended today.
    The assessor seemed very nice and professional and I had my assessment on the ground floor which made things easier. It took about 20 mins which was much quicker than the PIP assessment, so just have to await the decision on this too now.
    Hope you have heard something by now? 

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for updating us @KEE and I am glad the WCA went well for you :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
    Hi @KEE

I'm glad to hear it all went well. I have not heard anything - I am going to ring up every Friday until I do - at the moment I am 16 weeks from initial phone call. I have been told, as I said that it should be between 17th July and 16th of August - As we all know it's the waiting that is the worst bit!
    Thank you @pcoventry. I hope you hear soon. 😊 My worst bit is the Assessment its the waiting for and going through this that has a negative impact on my mental health especially when there has to be 2 assessments for the same DWP just different benefits. Think there should be a process for taking into consideration the medical notes, illness reported and assessment etc already. 
    I agree, I've had 4 all in all between WCA and PIP because of a mis communication at their end. And like you said the waiting is the worst bit - but when I get an update I will let you know. It'll be by the end of August for sure.
    Yes I sure it will be before end of August for you and yes please update and I will do too. 
Sign in or join us to comment.