WCA & PIP - Page 6 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

WCA & PIP

Comments

• pcoventry
    pcoventry Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    It's okay I have just found out I will need to move in a few months time - so as long as I will get back pay they are doing me a favour by accruing it and in affect saving it up for me. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    That's a great way of looking at it @pcoventry! Fingers crossed for you both. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • KEE
    KEE Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    Thank you @Adrian_Scope and I agree that it is a great way to look at it ?
  • pcoventry
    Well It's either that or I sit in Dispair - however nothing is guaranteed until a payment or a letter - but I am going to be calling them tomorrow afternoon and every Friday afternoon until I have a decision.

Starting to need it now. 
  • pcoventry
    edited July 2019
    This is what I hate about WCA's - they all lie!

You are not allowed to record them without going through a whole load of hassle - and they put these rules in place so they can get away with it - a doctor sits in a chair - asks me a load of questions and deems me fit for work - I ask for a MR they say no change - I now have to think about a Tribunal.

A PIP assessor (in my case a Nurse) does an actual physical assessment which is the other end of the scale - and that is ignored. I hope Amber Rudd's plan goes into effect- if they had both the reports they would see how chalk and cheese they are! 

I can not walk more than 50M without my stick and when I had it it's about 200 max. Nor stand for more than 20 mins or sit for more than 20 mins due to significant weakness in my left side - so what bloody job do they think I can do!  I had to complain about the work coach I have because she just toes the line of " the doctor says" everyone has known for decades doctors know nothing!

Sorry for the rant - it's just so dam annoying! 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Sorry @pcoventry. Can't imagine how frustrating it must be. How are you doing today?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • pcoventry
    edited July 2019
    Hi @Adrian_Scope i'm okay I hope you are too? - total re edit as I called again and a decision was made Wednesday - as the report suggested enhanced living and standard mobility - I've asked for a MR as I said I would because the DA left out the whole unable to drive anywhere without help to plan journeys and I will be sending a statement back when I get the letter. It took them 14.5 weeks from what they said. I am not going to argue!

I get something on Tuesday- I can't wait to have a decent meal! 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @pcoventry. Sounds good to me! What's on the menu?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • pcoventry
    NO idea - but I will go out and binge eat everything I can get my hands on!> 
  • pcoventry
    @KEE so there is the update you asked for. I was awarded on Wednesday :)
  • KEE
    @pcoventryOh that’s fantastic I so pleased for you ?
  • pcoventry
    Thanks -have started MR for the extra 2 points - will see what they say but I am happy for now :)
  • pcoventry
    I am hoping I can get the extra 2 points to get a scooter - I don't need a car all my family are like 20 miles around me and the ones I am looking at on the mobility site have ranges of 35-40 miles! I had an e-bike that will do 20 MPH and so will these so I could actually use one to go see my folks 19 miles away when I stay! 
  • KEE
    Hope your MR is successful, I have requested my MR based on the 2 points also. I have a car already but it’s costly to maintain and it’s my lifeline my only family lives 40miles away, social anxiety and crippling mobility problems, I totally rely on my car,  it’s been a massive help to be able to receive a disability badge for parking, well it will be when it comes through the post. 
  • pcoventry
    I have applied for the badge too - The DA said I had no social anxiety - that suits me as I can go out on the bus and just plug into my music and ignore the world (otherwise I would go mad) but I have similar problems with mobility - my car is also a fortune to run and even with the 50% off the road tax for standard mobility it's still expensive. 

I rang up Motab yesterday and they said they are looking at options for people who get standard to get a car with a top up - which suits us!  they send £2000 a time giving money to people who go from DLA to PIP and then lose their car. they clearly have money to burn. and the DWP won't have to spend money on appeals if they just let us do that. 

My problem is that the bank account I had was closed and I forgot to update them - so they have recalled the payment due to hit it tomorrow and I have to wait now up to a week for some money

And it was going so well too! 
  • pcoventry
    Got to wait for 9 working days from tomorrow until I an get anything even on a faster payment -not doing my health any good let alone mental health!

I guess that £5,99 meal at the pub is going to have to remain a dream for now- and I'm nearly out of beans -at least ill lose some weight! 
  • KEE
    Oh no! Surely an instant payment could be made! 
    If you receive standard mobility you should be eligible for a disability badge.
    so sorry to hear this.
  • KEE
    I have received my disability badge via the post today. I also called PIP to enquire about MR they advised me it’s anything up to 10 weeks and I am 6weeks in since requesting the MR. Also WCA health assessment is a waiting time of up to 6weeks .
  • pcoventry
    edited July 2019
    Hi @KEE

They will do a faster payment but they have to have the money back first - my old bank say they will send it back tomorrow and it will take up to 5 working days - but I will call DWP on Friday to see what happening. 

I am eligible for a badge, I have the form ready to send i am literally waiting for my award letter. There are new traffic wardens in town and a few streets with double yellows are empty since they started giving out fines - but as you know ( or maybe not, but you do now) we are allowed to park on double yellows for a max of 3 hours . So the badge will come in handy for when I need to get to the market! But right now all I would like is my back payment as it's a lot! By the time I get it my next payment will be soon! 

I have forms ready for the following
    A badge
    A disabled bus pass
    A disabled rail card (get that online and right away anyway to their app) 
    A CEA card so I can take my friend who looks after me to the Cinema for free
    Whatever else financially I can get - there is talk of UC premiums but I am waiting to find out

Don't forget to contact the DVLA as you are entitled to 50% car tax - which in my case is £162.5 a year rather than £325! You need to send some things off to DVLA with a cheque or postal order as it cant be done online - of course if you do end up getting your extra 2 points then you can get money back and either 100% tax  or a new car (as you know) 

I saw my GP today and he is willing to back me for a WCA Tribunal because they are trying to get me to do manual labour - and with 1 arm that works that's kinda hard! 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2019
    I'm glad you've finally go the PIP decision. Hopefully you're not waiting too long for the MR decision.

The UC premiums, i'm not sure where you heard that unless you were previously claiming Income Related ESA and the severe disability premium and a change of circumstances meant you have to move to UC before the new legislation was introduced in January, then sometime in the future you will be owed some backdated money. Other than that there's no premiums available for UC unfortunately.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.