Fibromalygia — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


Joycemcnally1961 Member Posts: 35 Listener
Hi I've just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia after 18 months going back forth to my gp with chronic pain all over my body. Trying different medication and nothing worked. So my doctor sent me to see rheumatology and he diagnosed me strait away with fibromyalgia. I have other medical conditions too. I'm wanting to apply for pip they say it goes on what help you need unfortunately I don't need help only help I need is when I go shopping. Pain is all over my body can't sleep well headaches. I can walk 20m but less then 50m. Do you think I should apply for pip. 



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.