Hello — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

Options
Lauren80
Lauren80 Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
Hi everyone. My name is Lauren, I am 21 years old from Scotland, I have special needs: I am deaf, short sighted, i have dyspraxia and learning development delays. I am in the process of getting diagnose with autism, I have severe social anxiety. I have kidney disease (Left kidney failing) No dialysis yet) but i'll keep fighting. I live with my mum and younger sister. My mum can't always take me out as she has her own health issues, i have been stuck in the house for over a year now and i'm pretty lonely a lot as spend most of my time in my bedroom. I do not have much friends at all. I hope to hear from the scope community soon. Thank you.
Lauren 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Lauren80

Welcome to our online community/family.

It’s great to meet you today.

I am one of a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if you get stuck getting around?????

@steve51
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,194 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Lauren, I’m also from Scotland, I’m sorry to hear of everything your dealing with, I just wanted to welcome you to the community and I’m sure there will be plenty of people along to chat to, take care ?
  • Funboy1
    Funboy1 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    Hi and welcome @Lauren80
    Sorry to hear about everything  your going through at the moment  
      I'm sure other will be along soon to welcome you to the community   :)

Mal 
  • Awesomelorenzo
    Awesomelorenzo Community member Posts: 114 Connected
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Wow! That is a lot to deal with. Poor you. I have health issues but mine are quantity and not quality(Numerous, but not serious, yet.)
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @Lauren80 welcome to the community. We’re glad to have you with us. Please let me know if you have any questions questions or need assistance.  
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Lauren80 and a warm welcome to the community. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Lauren80 Welcome to the community great you have joined us and I am sorry you are dealing with asll your issues.

Have you considered looking fir a carer/PA that could take you on regular outings maybe once a week ? Just so you can get out for a bit
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Lauren80 - It's good to see you back in the community. I'm sorry you are still stuck in the house a lot which must be difficult. Jane's idea seems a good one, perhaps worth a try to see if you could go out, even if it is just once a week. :)
  • Lauren80
    Lauren80 Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Hi @Lauren80 Welcome to the community great you have joined us and I am sorry you are dealing with asll your issues.

Have you considered looking fir a carer/PA that could take you on regular outings maybe once a week ? Just so you can get out for a bit
    Hi Jane. I am starting at a special needs college in august for 4 days a week but i would like to do things at the weekend with my friends but unfortunately they are quite busy as they have got there own life's. 
    Lauren 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's good you are starting college you may make new friends who could assist you to go out over the weekend 

Good luck for college 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Lauren80 - I hope going to your college soon is something to look forward to. And well done you for doing this, which I hope you enjoy. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.