Hello — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

Lauren80
Lauren80 Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
Hi everyone. My name is Lauren, I am 21 years old from Scotland, I have special needs: I am deaf, short sighted, i have dyspraxia and learning development delays. I am in the process of getting diagnose with autism, I have severe social anxiety. I have kidney disease (Left kidney failing) No dialysis yet) but i'll keep fighting. I live with my mum and younger sister. My mum can't always take me out as she has her own health issues, i have been stuck in the house for over a year now and i'm pretty lonely a lot as spend most of my time in my bedroom. I do not have much friends at all. I hope to hear from the scope community soon. Thank you.
Lauren 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lauren80

Welcome to our online community/family.

It’s great to meet you today.

I am one of a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if you get stuck getting around?????

@steve51
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,634 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Lauren, I’m also from Scotland, I’m sorry to hear of everything your dealing with, I just wanted to welcome you to the community and I’m sure there will be plenty of people along to chat to, take care ?
  • Funboy1
    Funboy1 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Hi and welcome @Lauren80
    Sorry to hear about everything  your going through at the moment  
      I'm sure other will be along soon to welcome you to the community   :)

Mal 
  • Awesomelorenzo
    Awesomelorenzo Community member Posts: 114 Connected
    edited July 2020
    Wow! That is a lot to deal with. Poor you. I have health issues but mine are quantity and not quality(Numerous, but not serious, yet.)
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @Lauren80 welcome to the community. We’re glad to have you with us. Please let me know if you have any questions questions or need assistance.  
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,822 Scope online community team
    Hi @Lauren80 and a warm welcome to the community. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lauren80 Welcome to the community great you have joined us and I am sorry you are dealing with asll your issues.

Have you considered looking fir a carer/PA that could take you on regular outings maybe once a week ? Just so you can get out for a bit
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lauren80 - It's good to see you back in the community. I'm sorry you are still stuck in the house a lot which must be difficult. Jane's idea seems a good one, perhaps worth a try to see if you could go out, even if it is just once a week. :)
  • Lauren80
    Lauren80 Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
    janer1967 said:
    Hi @Lauren80 Welcome to the community great you have joined us and I am sorry you are dealing with asll your issues.

Have you considered looking fir a carer/PA that could take you on regular outings maybe once a week ? Just so you can get out for a bit
    Hi Jane. I am starting at a special needs college in august for 4 days a week but i would like to do things at the weekend with my friends but unfortunately they are quite busy as they have got there own life's. 
    Lauren 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It's good you are starting college you may make new friends who could assist you to go out over the weekend 

Good luck for college 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lauren80 - I hope going to your college soon is something to look forward to. And well done you for doing this, which I hope you enjoy. :)

Brightness