Are the pip asessors allowed to question you about your parenting to your children - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are the pip asessors allowed to question you about your parenting to your children

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    @cupcake88 i realise just how anxious this is making you but there's really nothing more you can do until the decision's been made. If it's made they will tell you over the phone. Although it does concern me when they tell you the decision over the phone, if it's a refusal.

I know you only requested the report a couple of dsays ago and it can take several working days to arrive because of the mail sorting process coming from DWP. Although some people receive them within a few days. It doesn't mean anything.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cupcake88, just wanted to check in to see how you were doing. :)
    Scope

• depressedmum09
    depressedmum09 Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    I got the exact the questions you both did @river123 @mk2000
    I suffer with bipolar, depression and general anxiety disorder.

I have 2 young children, 7 and 1, the assessor asked me how do I look after them etc, but I explained my husband does literally everything when I have my bad days, I also mentioned when I am really bad he stays at his mums with the kids because It can be particularly scary for my 7 year old to witness.

With regards to education, they asked me about it all. School grades etc, I got A's & B's on my GCSEs, A's on A levels and a 1st degree in engineering. I worked full time as an engineer in a well paid job until 2017 after this I had a breakdown. I stated all these things on my report and still received 11 points for daily living. I have done an MR because in my current state I believe I am entitled to enhanced daily living and at least the lower component of mobility.

Dont be scared to tell the truth, be proud that your intelligent, be proud if your a mum that still has to do everything despite struggling severely with your mental health, just make sure you are clear in what your struggles are and how they effect you and impact your life. I did just that and I was awarded 11 points. 

I really hope you both you get some good news soon, waiting for that decision made me feel so sick every day. 
  • river123
    river123 Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
    Aww thank you for your support @depressedmum09  I have rang dwp on Friday and requested a MR and I sent more information on Friday witch I’m hoping they may receive it all this week some time.. how long ago did you go in for your MR.. wish u all the luck 
  • mk2000
    mk2000 Community member Posts: 57 Connected
    @depressedmum09 well they have wrote on my form I score 0 points and didn't  give me anything because if I can look after my children I can look after my self theur is nothing wrong with me if I can change a nappy even though I explained my mum helps me I guess it just depends who you speak to cause I did tell the truth and everything they wrote was lies
  • mk2000
    They really are a joke x
  • mk2000
    @river123 I xant belive they gave me 0 points the guy was so rude
  • river123
    river123 Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
    @mk2000 aww sorry to here that.. have u gone in for an MR
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    It was interesting to see what points I scored I actually didn’t get my report ha but I got my Award letter That told me what points I got . I was surprised that I got 0 points for verbal communication as I struggle to communicate with people . 

I got 2 points for not managing bills well I had no Money so my partner pays for every thing . I’m surprised I didn’t get points for verbal communication. I’m happy with what I was awarded but I was shocked to see i
    got 0 points for communication . I literally just got the higher award for daily living and lower mobility . 

It’s a relief it’s for 2 years . I hope no one thinks I’m bragging as I don’t want to come across as Insensitive but when reading what the assessor said she said that what my edvidence and what my assessment and after them speaking to the crisis team I was under they had made there decision over all those things and my partners statement . All of my disability’s are mental illness no physical , 

I think when writing your mr I would deffo put some statements In from people who know you best . If you get them to focus on how it affects you not the condition it’s self . Like my partner wrote how bad he’s seen my illness affect me how it gives me less qualify in life how doing every day things affects me , I also put care plans in my original form , a lot with statements from my doctor , at the time of filling the form out I was on the waiting list for a community nurse I did send that letter off to them also , also send them a medication list . 

I was answered a lot of in depth questions and it was so hard for me to answer and really stressed me out .

i didn’t have to do a mr but maybe you could add them
    more edvidence to it like what I sent originally I’m sure it wIll help best of luck to you xx
  • poppy123456
    @cupcake88 the fact that you didn't score no points in the communication part really doesn't make any difference because you have Enhanced daily living and you can't get a higher award than that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • lindyloo42
    lindyloo42 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Waiting on tribunal now . Had telephone assessment was very anxious ended up saying I was more good days than bad with the question being on percentage I answered 60/ 40 to good day which I should have said 60/ bad days now the advisor has based just about all my pip claim on this I have someone now helping me from cab he’s going to write a report for tribunal only I don’t know if I can change the answer ? I was so anxious on the phone though they said I appeared not to be they couldn’t even see me ? anyway really worried I’ve completely messed it all up xx
  • lindyloo42
    Sorry don’t know if av posted to the right bit xx
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Good luck hun I really hope it works in your favour I’m sure it will . I was so nervous when I had my assessment I didn’t think mine went well and it did so you really never know but don’t give up .
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @lindyloo42  Aww I know how anxiety provoking it is, you aren't alone!  I have everything crossed for the outcome of your tribunal and I'm glad you have someone from CAB supporting you.  Let us know how you get on.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • lindyloo42
    Hi I had my tribunal yesterday. They’ve said I’ll hear in next 2 days so am expecting a call tomorrow. No matter what the outcome am just glad it’s all over that’s been just over a year of dealing with this now glad it’s over but will be gutted if I don’t get any points as I’ve just put myself through all this for nothing . Keeping my fingers crossed ? 
  • poppy123456
    Hi I had my tribunal yesterday. They’ve said I’ll hear in next 2 days so am expecting a call tomorrow. No matter what the outcome am just glad it’s all over that’s been just over a year of dealing with this now glad it’s over but will be gutted if I don’t get any points as I’ve just put myself through all this for nothing . Keeping my fingers crossed ? 

You will likely receive the decision letter rather than a phone call. Good luck and do let us know the outcome.
  • lindyloo42
    Will do and thanks 
  • lindyloo42
    does it mean av no points that they couldn’t give me a decision on the day ?
  • poppy123456
    does it mean av no points that they couldn’t give me a decision on the day ?

No, not at all. Lots of people don't have the decision on the day, even when appearing in person but it definitely doesn't mean they haven't been awarded. It just means a decision couldn't be made on the day. They will send you a decision letter within 3 weeks.
  • lindyloo42
    Ok great thanks 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.