PIP telephone assessment today - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP telephone assessment today

Options
2»

Comments

• Martine29_hotmailcou
    Martine29_hotmailcou Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Just that they needed more information, my 1st assessment was 1hr 20 mins I can't see what more information could d be needed, tgey did say before though that my 1st report was pulled for audit so i think it may be to do with the assessors reporr not being completed. So very stressful though. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,392 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Just that they needed more information, my 1st assessment was 1hr 20 mins I can't see what more information could d be needed, tgey did say before though that my 1st report was pulled for audit so i think it may be to do with the assessors reporr not being completed. So very stressful though. 

Though it's rare, it can happen. I can only assume that during the audit of the assessment report, it picked up some inaccurancies but that's only a guess.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,107 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This happened to myself. I rang up to ask why I needed a 2nd assessment & was told they needed more information. My first assessment was over an hour, then a case manager rang up & asked a couple of questions, then I received another assessment date. I asked for a copy of the first assessor's report & was told they couldn't see it on their computers; just the 2nd assessment was used. It seems that the first report was also audited & found to be of poor quality, so, yes, it can happen.
  • rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,653 Pioneering
    Options
    I put my claim form in sept 22 had my telephone assessment 22nd Dec 22 and now I've to have a 2nd telephone assessment this month. Has this been the same for anyone else? 
    It's the nonsense of the DWP, they've probably lost it, I really want to write something else, but stopped myself.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    This happened to myself. I rang up to ask why I needed a 2nd assessment & was told they needed more information. My first assessment was over an hour, then a case manager rang up & asked a couple of questions, then I received another assessment date. I asked for a copy of the first assessor's report & was told they couldn't see it on their computers; just the 2nd assessment was used. It seems that the first report was also audited & found to be of poor quality, so, yes, it can happen.
    That's very helpful information - I'd never heard of taht but makes sense (although very hard on the claimant).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,653 Pioneering
    Options
    Isn't the 'big thing', the Claimant doesn't know what's going on. 

Here's the DWP customer Charter: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/our-customer-charter/our-customer-charter

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.