Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, new here
Hi I’m Deresha, recently widowed mum/teacher/full time carer to a child who is ventilator dependent via tracheostomy. He is also deaf, autistic (pathway to diagnosis), developmentally delayed, and home educated too. Like many, I spend most days fighting one battle or another. I’m looking to just chat about anything and everything to be honest and make some connections, or just to just to switch off. I (now) get regular respite but this covid life is a lonely one. Anyway, hello ?
Widow/Mum to a child who is ventilator dependent via tracheostomy, he is deaf and autistic, and homeschooled.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.